Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 123 Tigers vs. dodgers August 20, 2017

Miggy singles, inning continues,

Mahtook 8th batter this inning,

JV has 84 pitches heading into the 7th,

Verlander has 9 Strikeouts so far, next K is career Strikeout 2,357 which will tie HOF Robin Roberts for 46th all-time.

And after Thursday the Tigers are gone until September, the deadline for an acquisition to be eligible for the postseason.

If the Tigers are really in salary dump despite Al Avila saying they aren't, it would get done by last day of August.

I doubt Verlander would go just anywhere,

If the Tigers are really in salary dump despite Al Avila saying they aren't, it would get done by last day of August.

I doubt Verlander would go just anywhere,

It would have to be done before the end of August for VerLander to be eligible to pitch in the postseason.

The Dodgers broadcast team is talking about the Astros or the Cubs.

It looks like the chances are better unfortunately, that the Tigers will fail to reach the postseason before VerLander's career, at least as a pitching Ace, than that they will get there.
So maybe JV would be ready to go because of that.

It would have to be done before the end of August for VerLander to be eligible to pitch in the postseason.

The Dodgers broadcast team is talking about the Astros or the Cubs.

It looks like the chances are better unfortunately, that the Tigers will fail to reach the postseason before VerLander's career, at least as a pitching Ace, than that they will get there.
So maybe JV would be ready to go because of that.

It would have to be done in August or not done at all.. Deadline is August 31st.

Another great pitched game for JV and against the best team in baseball,
8 IP 112 Pitches 1 Run 2 Hits 1 Walk 9 Strikeouts Game Score of 82,

I went out away from the TV to do a chore right at the end of the top of this inning and I didn't get back before the bottom of the inning had gotten started. Has there been an indication that Verlander is done for the day?

I just saw two guys getting ready in the bullpen I guess that answers my question. I would have rather seen JV being given a chance to finish potentially his last game as a Tiger at Comerica himself rather than trusting in this shit bullpen.

Last edited:
I went out away from the TV to do a chore right at the end of the top of this spinning and I didn't get back before the bottom of the getting started. Has there been an indication that Verlander is done for the day?

I think he is done for the day,
His high for pitches this year is 119, but with Greene and another reliever warming up, and a few more fly balls than K's or grounders past couple of innings,

Last edited:
Miggy hits a gap shot to right center and hernandez and puig messes up the catch Miggy with a 2 rbi double,

Tigers lead 6 - 1,

That double is Miggy's 544 career double and ties Jeter for 33rd place all-time. Next up is manny ramirez in 32nd at 547.

Last edited:

I think he is done for the day,
His high for pitches this year is 119, but with Greene and another reliever warming up, and a few more fly balls than K's or grounders past couple of innings, I think he is done for today.

With at least two more insurance runs in this inning, Miggy on third with only one out, I say send JV back in until he allows a baserunner.

I'm probably going to throw something through my television if they pull JV and this trash bullpen blows it.

Back