Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 125 Tigers vs. yankees August 23, 2017

kalinecountry

Detroit Lions
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Boston Celtics
Tigers Lineup:
Ian Kinsler 2B
Alex Presley RF
Justin Upton LF
Miguel Cabrera 1B
N. Castellanos 3B
Victor Martinez DH
John Hicks C
Andrew Romine CF
Jose Iglesias SS
Jordan Zimmermann P

yankees lineup:
gardner lf
hicks rf
sanchez c
judge rf
gregorius ss
headcase 1b
frazier 3b
vaginabury cf
torreyes 2b
severino p

http://m.tigers.mlb.com/news/article/250022242/zimmermann-out-to-subdue-yankees/?topicId=26688732
Zimmermann out to subdue Yankees.
Tigers official site

http://www.mlive.com/tigers/index.ssf/2017/08/tigers_yankees_preview_jordan.html#incart_river_index
Tigers, Yankees preview: Jordan Zimmermann looks to continue dominance vs New York.
Mlive

https://www.baseball-reference.com/previews/2017/DET201708230.shtml
Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees, at Comerica Park, August 23, 2017 Matchups, Tickets, Preview.
Baseball Reference

Detroit Tigers
RHP Jordan Zimmermann (7-10, 5.87 ERA)
24 GS, 135 IP, 165 H, 88 ER, 26 HR, 40 BB, 91 K, 5.33 FIP

New York Yankees
RHP Luis Severino (10-5, 3.18 ERA)
24 GS, 150 IP, 125 H, 53 ER, 15 HR, 41 BB, 175 K, 3.02 FIP

Who: Detroit Tigers (54-70) vs. New York Yankees (67-57)
When: 7:10 p.m. EDT
Where: Comerica Park
TV: Fox Sports Detroit
Radio: FM 97.1 The Ticket and the Tigers radio network

Notable
Zimmermann has allowed seven earned runs in each of his past two starts, spanning 8 2/3 innings.
Zimmermann?s 5.87 ERA is the second-highest in the AL among qualified pitchers.
Zimmermann is 3-0 with a 1.33 ERA in four career starts against the Yankees, including a seven-inning scoreless start against them earlier this month.

Severino has the fourth-lowest ERA in the AL among qualified starters.
Severino has won five of his last six starts and has allowed one or fewer earned runs in each of those wins.
Severino beat the Tigers on July 31, allowing one run on four hits in five innings, striking out eight.

Tigers by the numbers
Overall: 54-70
Current streak: L1
At Comerica Park: 30-31
On the road: 24-39
Day games: 24-19
Night games: 30-51
vs. AL East: 14-14
vs. AL Central: 25-24
vs. AL West: 9-21
vs. NL: 6-11

Zimmerman sucking....6-zip after 3 IP.

Last edited:
After tonight's likely loss by the Tigers, and a win by the Dodgers, LA could be more games over .500 (55) than Det has wins on the season.

The team looking good again tonight. At what point does Brad get fired?

The team looking good again tonight. At what point does Brad get fired?

I think he is a lame duck manager...they just won't bring him back.

As for the team...how exactly is it his fault that the players suck??? His starter has an ERA over 6! Not going to win many games with shitty pitchers.

I could see them going 13-25 @ best while playing out the string...finishing ~67-95.

I think he is a lame duck manager...they just won't bring him back.

As for the team...how exactly is it his fault that the players suck??? His starter has an ERA over 6! Not going to win many games with shitty pitchers.

The team is lethargic and mistake prone. This has been going on for the better part of two seasons now. That is Brad's fault.

The team is lethargic and mistake prone. This has been going on for the better part of two seasons now. That is Brad's fault.

so if you do a shitty job at work...it's your boss's fault or yours?

I don't buy that shit for one minute. It's called personal responsibility. It seems that nobody has any anymore. It's always someone else's fault!

so if you do a shitty job at work...it's your boss's fault or yours?

I don't buy that shit for one minute. It's called personal responsibility. It seems that nobody has any anymore. It's always someone else's fault!

The players share responsibility, no one is denying that. Tell me for one minute this team shows up prepared and plays hard for Ausmus. They don't. He's not the right person for the job and the results back that up.

There's enough talent left on this team not to be a 90 plus loss team, but that's where it's headed.

The players share responsibility, no one is denying that. Tell me for one minute this team shows up prepared and plays hard for Ausmus. They don't. He's not the right person for the job and the results back that up.

There's enough talent left on this team not to be a 90 plus loss team, but that's where it's headed.

Do you work hard for your boss or for yourself?

Managers influence gameplay on offense and defense by calling for shifts, pitchouts, IBBs, pitching changes, PHers, and lineups...the end resuts do have an effect on the outcomes of close games, even moreso in the NL.

Managers influence gameplay on offense and defense by calling for shifts, pitchouts, IBBs, pitching changes, PHers, and lineups...the end resuts do have an effect on the outcomes of close games, even moreso in the NL.

Baseball manager's have very little impact on the outcome of games....that's why baseball managers are paid peanuts compared to NFL and NBA head coaches.

Baseball manager's have very little impact on the outcome of games....that's why baseball managers are paid peanuts compared to NFL and NBA head coaches.

Honestly, do you really get the sense the players respect this guy? It sure doesn't seem that way.

Tigers can't even muster up enough engery to play for pride..it's pathetic oh hum another blowout

I don't recall comparing football HCs to baseball managers, the former who have larger staffs to handle players on defense, offense and STs, but claiming that the latter do not have any influence during games, I still disagree.

Last edited:
Glad I missed another shit show from the Tigers and the 24 million dollar bust suckzermann. Wish there were 37 more cigar nights between now and last game of the season.

Fire Brad, the coaches, the front office Al Avila, the three dipshit Dave's; Chadd, Littlefield, and Owens, and Pleis.

Tigers need to get starters who are closer to JV and Fulmer in terms of stuff.
Bye bye shit can boyd, Beavis Norris, and 3 homers every 5 innings Sanchez.
Bye bye pillsbury dough boy Rondon. Exorcise the bullpen for demons.

Start drafting and trading for players who are more athletic, can field their position, and learn to lay off and stop swinging at slop down near their ankles or pitches that windup in the opposite batters box.

Right or wrong I feel better getting this little rant in a post.

Back