Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

JV nixes trade to Astros - NOT SO FAST.

johnny2x2x

He has that right. But man. We would have gotten 3 of the Astros top 11 prospects including a top 50 overall. Would have dumped a ton of salary and really built the system.

So much for all that "I want to play for a team that's competing" talk.

http://www.wxyz.com/sports/baseball/tigers/report-tigers-p-justin-verlander-vetoes-trade-to-the-astros

WXYZ - The Tigers attempted to trade their ace Justin Verlander to the Houston Astros, but Verlander vetoed the trade, according to reports from Chris McCosky of the Detroit News.

Shortly after 11pm, McCosky tweeted that the Astros and Tigers were very close to finalizing a deal that would send Verlander to Houston.

Ten minutes later McCosky tweeted that the deal has been nixed because Verlander wouldn't waive his no-trade clause.

According to McCosky, the Tigers would have gotten Franklin Perez, Daz Cameron and possibly Jake Rodgers in return for Verlander.

Wtf? They've been negotiating for weeks with Houston. Why would someone not ask him if he would go there? Hell, why wouldnt he tell them he wouldnt go?

I guess that means he's happy hear and a rebuild isn't all that bad.. Or he just hates Houston.

And I honestly would have hated him being on another AL team.

Perez is the #46 prospect in baseball. This would have been a really good haul IMO.

Word is it wasn't JV who killed it. Astros pulled back their offer.

This isn't a rebuild, it's a f'n garage sale.

Hall of Famer for prospects.

Who here has any trust in Al Avila's trading skills?

Who here has any trust in Al Avila's free agent signing skills? Zimmermann, Lowe, Pelfrey.....

The old man got rid of the GM who should have been here the last 2 years.
Everything Dombrowski did for the Tigers has been ripped to the ground by this clueless f'n asshole Avila.
Multi Billionaire Chris Ilitch, has just demoralized a sizeable part of the Tigers fan base.

I won't see a better Tigers pitcher in my remaining lifetime.....

Back