Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 133 Tigers vs. Indians Sept 1, 2017 (Game 1)

When is the ml system done with their season? I'd really like to see some guys..

down 1 run. bases loaded, 2 outs in the bottom of the 9th. Miggy on deck. 0-4 with 2Ks so far.

Last edited:
Tigers season in a nutshell today. Tie it up but then cough up the lead . Kinsler gets a hanger and misses it just like he and others have all season. TIGERS LOAD IT UP IN THE 9TH BUT FAIL TO GET THE BIG HIT. caps off !

Miggy hits his 3rd rope of the day !!!!! Nothing.

$&$&$\/_=&=&=&$&$&$&$&$! $

Those are swear words !!

Last edited:
story of Miggy's season. Let's hope his back heals and he can contribute next year.

On another note, when Greene pitched to Bruce, every pitch was in his happy zone. Bruce has trouble with inside pitching, so everything thrown to him was on the outer half of the plate........

Miggy would have had had a Homer in the first inning if it wasn't for our stupid ass deep center field. They should bring that in 15-20 feet and make it 400-405. First thing I would do when I buy the team after hitting a big powerball ticket!!

Last edited:
On another note, when Greene pitched to Bruce, every pitch was in his happy zone. Bruce has trouble with inside pitching, so everything thrown to him was on the outer half of the plate........

Another bad habit from this team. Bad coaching and scouting !

Miggy would have had had a Homer in the first inning if it wasn't for our stupid ass deep center field. They should bring that in 15-20 feet and make it 400-405. First thing I would do when I buy the team after hitting a big powerball ticket!!

bringing in the fences won't just help the Tigers...it helps their opponents just as much.

As far as winning the powerball...the last guy that won that $700M took home about $280M after taxes. You would have to win 5 times to buy the Tigers!

honestly, I will be surprised if Miggy isn't also dealt in the off season, My Guess, Dave acquires him again. And I will go on record right now in saying that I will not be watching many games next year if that happens. All interest in this team for me is just about gone now.

honestly, I will be surprised if Miggy isn't also dealt in the off season, My Guess, Dave acquires him again. And I will go on record right now in saying that I will not be watching many games next year if that happens. All interest in this team for me is just about gone now.

You guys know how I feel about everything that has happened with this team from before the season started, and Mr. I died. With Avila telling everyone in baseball the Tigers were sellers, Chris Ilitch is the anti Mr. I for his covert reasons, the trades that trust me, did not bring players who will help for awhile and will be much like the Tigers minor leagues, full of low ceiling, AAAA type who take years to develop into their late 20's and still carry the bad habits of chasing bad pitches, and the minor league starters who have a fastball that half of them cannot locate or command it, and have one other pitch, and working on a changeup and off speed pitches. All the players received in the trades are all 45 to 50 on that minor league 20 - 80 scale.
All of these negatives are the fault of the front office scouts, player development, and minor league coaching, most of them.
Trading one of the best pitchers in the game, despite his advancing age, and who can still pitch lights out as recent as his games since the all-star break, and no hitting the dodgers for 6 innings, you just don't do that to the best Tigers pitcher of the last 60 - 65 years that I have been watching and rooting for and also twho is the face of the franchise. Justin deserved to be a Tiger forever and retire with one team's stats on the back of his baseball card, and become their all-time leader in wins and be the first Tigers pitcher to get 3,000 strikeouts.
Other teams realize this, but not our Tigers front office.
I have not been this despondent and pissed since when I was 16 or 17 when the Tigers traded a top 3 pitcher in the league to the phillies before the 1964 season. Jim Bunning was a great Tigers pitcher and after he was traded, went on and won over 100 games in the NL mostly with the Phillies, as well as threw a perfect game that summer of 1964 on Fathers Day that year. My first F bomb in front of my dad when I read about that trade.
This will take awhile for me to get over it. I have absolutely no faith in Avila and the front office, and do not trust him or Chris Ilitch.
Don't bother posting how good the players in the trade are, or the many high contracts. Filling a thin minor league system with mediocre talent will not help the major league team. Next year certain contracts will not be renewed and bought out, they could have cleaned house as it appears to be the plan and still kept JV with Miggy. I don't care if you say he didn't want to be part of a rebuild.
These are my feelings right or wrong. I will not come back to this thread.
After all these years with you guys from espn days which for me began back in 2000 or 2001, and having signed up for mlb extra innings to watch our Tigers for many years, I am seriously thinking of stopping that package in 2018.
How I feel now, unless the ownership and front office change to shrewd front office people, I will not be posting much except in the Tigers team notes.

You guys know how I feel about everything that has happened with this team from before the season started, and Mr. I died. With Avila telling everyone in baseball the Tigers were sellers, Chris Ilitch is the anti Mr. I for his covert reasons, the trades that trust me, did not bring players who will help for awhile and will be much like the Tigers minor leagues, full of low ceiling, AAAA type who take years to develop into their late 20's and still carry the bad habits of chasing bad pitches, and the minor league starters who have a fastball that half of them cannot locate or command it, and have one other pitch, and working on a changeup and off speed pitches. All the players received in the trades are all 45 to 50 on that minor league 20 - 80 scale.
All of these negatives are the fault of the front office scouts, player development, and minor league coaching, most of them.
Trading one of the best pitchers in the game, despite his advancing age, and who can still pitch lights out as recent as his games since the all-star break, and no hitting the dodgers for 6 innings, you just don't do that to the best Tigers pitcher of the last 60 - 65 years that I have been watching and rooting for and also twho is the face of the franchise. Justin deserved to be a Tiger forever and retire with one team's stats on the back of his baseball card, and become their all-time leader in wins and be the first Tigers pitcher to get 3,000 strikeouts.
Other teams realize this, but not our Tigers front office.
I have not been this despondent and pissed since when I was 16 or 17 when the Tigers traded a top 3 pitcher in the league to the phillies before the 1964 season. Jim Bunning was a great Tigers pitcher and after he was traded, went on and won over 100 games in the NL mostly with the Phillies, as well as threw a perfect game that summer of 1964 on Fathers Day that year. My first F bomb in front of my dad when I read about that trade.
This will take awhile for me to get over it. I have absolutely no faith in Avila and the front office, and do not trust him or Chris Ilitch.
Don't bother posting how good the players in the trade are, or the many high contracts. Filling a thin minor league system with mediocre talent will not help the major league team. Next year certain contracts will not be renewed and bought out, they could have cleaned house as it appears to be the plan and still kept JV with Miggy. I don't care if you say he didn't want to be part of a rebuild.
These are my feelings right or wrong. I will not come back to this thread.
After all these years with you guys from espn days which for me began back in 2000 or 2001, and having signed up for mlb extra innings to watch our Tigers for many years, I am seriously thinking of stopping that package in 2018.
How I feel now, unless the ownership and front office change to shrewd front office people, I will not be posting much except in the Tigers team notes.

I hear ya.. don't blame ya either, I will check in on Miggy and update the HOF thread from time to time for as long as he is still a Tiger but I really don't feel like starting to follow the next generation of Tigers. I used to be young and enthusiastic. Now I'm just old and cranky.

bringing in the fences won't just help the Tigers...it helps their opponents just as much.

As far as winning the powerball...the last guy that won that $700M took home about $280M after taxes. You would have to win 5 times to buy the Tigers!

The recent $700 Mil (2nd highest) netted $443 Mil After Taxes. Your premise is the same though, as the Marlins were just sold for $1.2 Bil.

The recent $700 Mil (2nd highest) netted $443 Mil After Taxes. Your premise is the same though, as the Marlins were just sold for $1.2 Bil.

$443M was the cash payout before taxes. The rule of thumb for powerball or mega millions...if you take the cash option is you will get about 38% of the advertised jackpot (after taxes). The current powerball jackpot is $68M but the cash option value is $43.2 M (before taxes)

All the players received in the trades are all 45 to 50 on that minor league 20 - 80 scale.

This is the only site that I know of that gives grades to prospects. After the trades this season the Tigers really improved the top of their board. Perez is now their #1 prospect with a 55 grade, Candelario is #4 (55), Cameron #6 (50), Rogers #8 (50), Paredes #10 (45).

The Tigers had to do these trades to help replenish their depleted farm system.

This is the only site that I know of that gives grades to prospects. After the trades this season the Tigers really improved the top of their board. Perez is now their #1 prospect with a 55 grade, Candelario is #4 (55), Cameron #6 (50), Rogers #8 (50), Paredes #10 (45).

The Tigers had to do these trades to help replenish their depleted farm system.

But because of the money former players were making the prospects we got.. does this make us good in the future? Of course they're top ten in our farm system, did you see the top ten 2 months ago? It was trash.

Steven Moya was like #8 and he's been in the minors 8 seasons now and is no where near producing at the big league club.

Minor system looks better .. I mean how could they not. I hope I'm wrong but this team ain't winning for a very long time.

Back