Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 136: Tigers vs Indians, September 3, 2017

It's official. Since being .500 (29-29), DET is tied for the worst record in baseball since, going 29-49 (.375 WPCT).

26 games to play x .375 WPCT = 10 Wins + 58 current = 68 Wins for season.

I am betting we finish with 66 wins.

It's official. Since being .500 (29-29), DET is tied for the worst record in baseball since, going 29-49 (.375 WPCT).

26 games to play x .375 WPCT = 10 Wins + 58 current = 68 Wins for season.

I am betting we finish with 66 wins.

Most of those wins were with J Up and VM, part with JD, Avila, JV, and JW, so 66 wins might be too optimistic. Esp since the AAAA kids are gonna play more, with roster expansion in effect since 09/01. HRod being gone might result in an extra win or two though.

Last edited:
I'm not sure who would want to manage this team for the next few years either. It's obviously going to have to be a nobody trying to just get some managerial experience because no reputable name is going to want to inherit this team.

Depends on if the offseason FO will be authorized to spend on short-term contracts for clearance-rack FAs to plug holes, including SP/RPs. Also if they are willing to slightly or bigly overpay for a seasoned MLB or MiLB manager who has a very good player-development track-record.

If none of the above, then prepare for some truly horrific baseball, esp if Miggy, (if his physical/mental issue remain/return) VMart, (if he doesn't retire) Kinsler/Iggy (if not traded) and Casty replicate their batting stats in '18.

Back