Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 137 Thread - Sept. 4

I don't seem to remember anyone calling it a bad signing at the time that we signed him.

I don't either. I went back to the original thread. This was my opinion on the signing.

The Tigers definitely needed a starter and he appears to be decent enough. Nothing special but good. I just don't see the point of signing someone like him to a 5 year deal. Is he really going to make a difference on this team?

Least we can watch JD hit 4 homers in a game tonight :(

I like the Arizona team so JD being there is better than other places. Gla he's doing well. I believe he has 18 HR there now..

Dombrowski signed D Train to a 3 year $29M extension w/o having thrown a singlle pitch for the Tigers. Robertson was also extended in the same offseason for 3 years @ ~ $21M and epic sucked, but @ least he had a track record with the ballclub...both were terrible, but esp Willis...who was a lefty and could hit with some power. If it were me, I would have PH/DHed him when needed, to recoup some of my investment.

as awful as he was, several other teams gave him a shot after the Tigers, why none didn't try to convert him to OFer or 1B is a mystery, as he could hit.

Last edited:
Also of note, Robbie Ray struck out 14 for Arizona in that game. I really wish we had kept him around longer. Whatever happened to Doug Fister anyway?

Fister has been pitching in spot starts for the bosox, and pretty good as well....IIRC.

Also of note, Robbie Ray struck out 14 for Arizona in that game. I really wish we had kept him around longer. Whatever happened to Doug Fister anyway?

According to some here, he was destined to become a LOOGY anyway.

He was in '06, him and Sean Casey were the only two Tigers who really brought their bats to the WS.

And then the last few years I was hoping he'd get released. End of the day Inge was not a good player..

And then the last few years I was hoping he'd get released. End of the day Inge was not a good player..

Better fielder than most we have had @ the hot corner since I first began to follow the Tigers teams in '67.

https://www.detroitathletic.com/blog/2011/06/20/best-five-greatest-third-basemen-in-detroit-tigers/-history/

How many Tigers had hundreds of soccer-mom groupies, who would vote Inge as PotG, every game, after '06? ...lolz.

He also had the legendary (and 3) INGE=HOF!!! threads on the Tigers ESPN messageboards, after a few reformats. The last being unique, b/c ESPN had banned special characters on all messageboards with the reforrmat, yet someone had saved the topic title which was reused.

Last edited:
Better fielder than most we have had @ the hot corner since I first began to follow the Tigers teams in '67.

https://www.detroitathletic.com/blog/2011/06/20/best-five-greatest-third-basemen-in-detroit-tigers/-history/

How many Tigers had hundreds of soccer-mom groupies, who would vote Inge as PotG, every game, after '06? ...lolz.

He also had the legendary (and 3) INGE=HOF!!! threads on the Tigers ESPN messageboards, after a few reformats.

I understand that. He still was not good for much of his career.. K'd way too much, low average etc. I'm sure you know his but that thread was a joke thread.

Back