Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Little Caesar's Arena ribbon-cutting today

Are they saying he's a racist for speaking out about Craepernick?

Kid Rock's show will pass largely unnoticed by the majority of Detroiters, who don't have the discretionary income to blow on hockey, basketball, baseball, or esp football games anyway. I used to attend games often back in the 70s-80s, even when the teams were shitty, b/c cheap entertainment, but not nearly as often afterward, esp since the turn of the century, when a benjamin isn't enough for one or two, including parking and snacks/beer/soft drinks. Same with concerts, but most music performed nowadaze isn't my cup of tea anyway. Most of the musicians that I didn't get to see during their heydays of the 60s-80s, I did get to see in the 90s-00s.

Detroit sports, the people who go - yeah basically suburban. So much stuff you can do with the money it cost for a game these days.

It's been known for a while the plan was to demolish the Joe, give the land to creditor, who will then build condos.

Yeah Kid Rock not the greatest choice by that group. But with Mr I. Dead the younger pizza kings are just stupid . Look no further then the Tigers and Red Wings right now. Not sure if Gores had any imput.

Last edited:
Kid Rock is the biggest musical attraction in Detroit. There aren't many bands that sellout consecutive dates in Detroit.

Bob, I think Mr. I was still alive when kr was chosen. Likewise the decline of the wings had taken place over many years, real decline occurred after failure to replace Rafalski/Lidstrom (easier said than done). Can't comment on American cricket. Hence, I find the criticism unfounded.

Kr was selected because of his drawing power in the area. What is your issue with him?

Kid Rock is the biggest musical attraction in Detroit. There aren't many bands that sellout consecutive dates in Detroit.

Bob, I think Mr. I was still alive when kr was chosen. Likewise the decline of the wings had taken place over many years, real decline occurred after failure to replace Rafalski/Lidstrom (easier said than done). Can't comment on American cricket. Hence, I find the criticism unfounded.

Kr was selected because of his drawing power in the area. What is your issue with him?

Bob doesn't like republicans

Eminem is anti-Trump, while Kid Rock is pro. Neither perform music that I care to hear. Both can (still) draw stadium-sized audiences in the US. I do like many of Jack White's songs, he of the White Stripes/Raconteurs.

Although I imagine that there are many who are fans of both, and are oblivious or indifferent to their polical preferences and opinions. Apparently there will be a protest rally organized who object to Kid Rock's headliner opening the arena.

I forgot about liking Eminem's song and music video to "Beautiful" ...esp since it was set inside the ruin of Michigan Central Station, where I worked for ~ a decade.

Last edited:
Detroit "should" have been the city for the Rock & Roll HoF; Its rich and varied musical legacy from the 60s until today dwarf that of Cleveland, and every other major metro-area in the US, for that matter. So what if some Cleveland DJ supposedly coined the words.

Bob doesn't like republicans

Kid rock was a poor choice. It just shows where these owners stand. They may be ultra-rich but they showed their true colors picking a guy that use to brandish the Confederate flag. No worries they are on the wrong side of history like always.

Last edited:
Detroit "should" have been the city for the Rock & Roll HoF; Its rich and varied musical legacy from the 60s until today dwarf that of Cleveland, and every other major metro-area in the US, for that matter. So what if some Cleveland DJ supposedly coined the words.

They have the Pro Football HOF as well.. Maybe they got a 2 for 1 discount.

Fun Fact: The only hall of fame I've been to was the Bowling HOF. That was when it was in St. Louis, not sure where its at now.

They have the Pro Football HOF as well.. Maybe they got a 2 for 1 discount.

Fun Fact: The only hall of fame I've been to was the Bowling HOF. That was when it was in St. Louis, not sure where its at now.

The Pro Football HoF is in Canton, but Ohio is a mostly featureless and aesthetically boring state...so amusement parks and HoFs have to entertain Ohioans, along with their sports teams.

There were a half dozen bowling alleys located nearby when I was a kid, now maybe one or two a few miles north of where I grew up.

Last edited:
Back