Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Romine to play all 9 Sunday in what was his final game with Tigers

Considering he played all outfield and infield positions over the course of his 21 year career I think he's the perfect guy to hear from on the feat.

Also, he was in the league for 14 years before DH became his primary position. The guy could still hit until he was 40.

Molitor just sounds jealous.

How old is he 100?

At the end of next season and they could bring him back for the last game of the season on the worst team in the league and he to get the chance to play all nine positions.

Fuck maybe they can start doing that for people who never played a game in the bigs in their life.

Maybe the year after Molitor can be my turn and maybe the year after mine can be yours.

I'm cutting lines in front of you because I'm pretty sure i'm older than you and more likely to be dead sooner.

Last edited:

How old is he 100?

At the end of next season and they could bring him back for the last game of the season on the worst team in the league and he to get the chance to play all nine positions.

Fuck maybe they can start doing that for people who never played a game in the bigs in their life.

Maybe the year after Molitor can be my turn and maybe the year after mine can be yours.

I'm cutting lines in front of you because I'm pretty sure i'm older than you and more likely to be dead sooner.

Anyone who think it's a dumb "feat" is jealous? 1500 games he started outside of DH says he knows what he's talking about.

How old is he 100?

I'm sure he's good with being a first ballot hall of famer. He doesn't need a gimmick for attention.

I am probably older than the both of you, but will pass on my turn, cuz I have already had my baseball dreams fulfilled back in '81, when I played in a charity hardball game btw railroad management and union employees.

Played RF and hit a 3 run homer in my first AB, that after not having even swung a bat in at least 5 years. Had a single later in the 7 inning game as well. No umps, so just waited for my pitches. After crossing HP on my homer, I noticed that the 2 blonde and brunette sexretaries who had recently been promoted, (for their looks, not education or ability) were sitting in the bleachers behind HP, and they weren't clapping...lol.

Anyone who think it's a dumb "feat" is jealous? 1500 games he started outside of DH says he knows what he's talking about.

Sometimes you just don't to get a joke man.

It was just like last night I was at this Jewish yom kipper break the fast with some high school kids (their parents were there of course) that I've known since literally before they were born and I was making a bunch of sophisticated pop-culture jokes that were all really over their heads.

Except for the one kid Who was the biggest brat in the world but now he's kind of a mench, now that he's a young adult.

He laughed and laughed at everything I said.

I guess he just gets me.

Last edited:
Sometimes you just don't to get a joke man.

It was just like last night I was at this Jewish yom kipper break the fast with some high school kids (their parents were there of course) that I've known since literally before they were born and I was making a bunch of sophisticated pop-culture jokes that were all really over their heads.

Except for the one kid Who was the biggest brat in the world but now he's kind of a mench, now that he's a young adult.

He laughed and laughed at everything I said.

I guess he just gets me.

I admit I don't. Which is unusual I usually get everyone. Just can't pick up on your jocularity.

So the whole thing was yesterday rather than today?

I'm not going to look it up to show up all you baseball nerds, but I think the first freak to do this was Cesar Tovar back in the 70s-am I right?

I still say if the Tigers were going to do this with anybody, it should've been Don Freaking Kelly.

I think it was Bert Campanaris who first did it, but Tovar also accomplished it.

Originally the Tigers were going to do it today with Romine, but with the threat of rain today they pushed it up to Saturday's game.

And I agree Kelly could've probably pulled it off, but offensively Romine at least got a hit and a walk and scored a run. DFK would've had four K's.

Last edited:
I think it was Bert Campanaris who first did it, but Tovar also accomplished it.

Originally the Tigers were going to do it today with Romine, but with the threat of rain today they pushed it up to Saturday's game.

And I agree Kelly could've probably pulled it off, but offensively Romine at least got a hit and a walk and scored a run. DFK would've had four K's.

But Andrew Fuckin' Romine doesn't have the same ring to it..

If anyone could have pulled this off, it would have been the great Brandon Inge.

http://www.mlive.com/tigers/index.ssf/2017/11/andrew_romine_tigers_2.html#incart_river_index
Tigers utility man Andrew Romine claimed on waivers by Mariners.
Mlive

Andrew Romine played all nine positions in what turned out to be his final game as a Detroit Tiger.

The veteran utility man was claimed by the Seattle Mariners on Thursday after being placed on waivers by the Tigers.

The Tigers waived four others players who went unclaimed and were then outrighted to the minor leagues: pitcher Jeff Ferrell; and outfielders Alex Presley, Jim Adduci and Tyler Collins.

Back