Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Other Games Last Week Of Season

Fun fact: Nick Saban moves to 0-7 all-time against Auburn teams with at least 9 wins.

Notre Dame has shiny gold ass soles of their shoes, or cleats, as it were.

So gay.

No wonder they're losing.

Probably because they deserve to be there.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

There are four slots and there are gonna be five power five conference championships.

Alabama ain't gonna be one of them.

You know how Alabama would deserve to be there?

Take care of their business.

Win today.

Beat their rival.

Then win the conference championship game.

We're shitting all over our own team for not winning big games against our rivals in recent years to advance, but we wanna give those sheep fucking rednecks a pass?

Fuck that noise.

No, lose the big game you don't. What's the point of having a conference championship? They don't even get there..

Exactly.

This is what I was talking about in the previous post.

Michigan fans shitting all over Harbaugh and the team for "not winning anything."

So what did Alabama win?

Its big game?

Its rival game?

Its division?

The game to win its division and compete for a conference championship?

The answer to all is "fuck no."

Based on the standards that Michigan fans hold their own team to, Alabama hasn't won a single piece of jack shit more.

So why would a single Michigan fan be claiming that Alabama "deserves" to go to the championship playoffs?

While Alabama is "probably" one of the top 4 teams in the country I am not sure how much proof we have of it to the point where they deserve to get into the playoff. Their resume is awfully thin with a home win vs LSU and a road win vs an ok Mississippi State team that was almost a loss as the only results worth mentioning.

There is evidence all over the place that the SEC beyond Bama, Auburn, and Georgia is not even mediocre.

I think at this point the Georgia-Auburn winner should be in. Also, the Clemson-Miami winner (well maybe not if it's Miami). Oklahoma controls it's own destiny. I think if Wisconsin beats OSU there should be a lot of questions if Bama gets in over an undefeated Wisconsin. If OSU wins that game, then ok, put Bama in as the 4th team by default.

Last edited:
While Alabama is "probably" one of the top 4 teams in the country I am not sure how much proof we have of it to the point where they deserve to get into the playoff. Their resume is awfully thin with a home win vs LSU and a road win vs an ok Mississippi State team that was almost a loss as the only results worth mentioning.

There is evidence all over the place that the SEC beyond Bama, Auburn, and Georgia is not even mediocre.

I think at this point the Georgia-Auburn winner should be in. Also, the Clemson-Miami winner (well maybe not if it's Miami). Oklahoma controls it's own destiny. I think if Wisconsin beats OSU there should be a lot of questions if Bama gets in over an undefeated Wisconsin. If OSU wins that game, then ok, put Bama in as the 4th team by default.

If the committee is being consistent, they should take either Big 10 champ over Bama. Bama has zero quality wins and no conference championship. OSU would have 2-3 quality wins (depending on your view of MSU) and a conference title. Bama's schedule just isn't impressive when you actually break it down.

If the committee is being consistent, they should take either Big 10 champ over Bama. Bama has zero quality wins and no conference championship. OSU would have 2-3 quality wins (depending on your view of MSU) and a conference title. Bama's schedule just isn't impressive when you actually break it down.

Um wrong!!!! Alabama has one quality win over Mercer.

I don't actually care if Bama gets in or not. I'm too excited about if we get to go to the Jolly Green Giant Green Bean Bowl or the Wizarding World of Harry Potter Bowl.

Do you look at who teams have beaten or who teams have lost to?

Alabama hasn't beaten anyone, but they only lost to Auburn

Meanwhile, OSU lost to shitty Iowa, but they beat some good teams

Hopefully, UW wins and gets in and they aren't sitting there choosing between OSU and ALabama

Do you look at who teams have beaten or who teams have lost to?

Alabama hasn't beaten anyone, but they only lost to Auburn

Meanwhile, OSU lost to shitty Iowa, but they beat some good teams

Hopefully, UW wins and gets in and they aren't sitting there choosing between OSU and ALabama
Wisconsin hasn't beaten anyone this year. They had the easiest schedule on earth.

We were their toughest game all year which is like a boxer's toughest match being against a one-armed opponent.

Wisconsin hasn't beaten anyone this year. They had the easiest schedule on earth.

We were their toughest game all year which is like a boxer's toughest match being against a one-armed opponent.

I agree with you. Unfortunately, schedules are set about 3 years in advance. 3 years ago, we thought Michigan had a difficult non conference schedule. Florida, Cincinnati, and Air force all sucked this year, though,

Its not like you can stop after 6 games and rearrange your schedule to only arrange games with good team from then on. You have no idea who is going to be good from year to year and you have no control over your conference schedule.

I agree with you. Unfortunately, schedules are set about 3 years in advance. 3 years ago, we thought Michigan had a difficult non conference schedule. Florida, Cincinnati, and Air force all sucked this year, though,

Its not like you can stop after 6 games and rearrange your schedule to only arrange games with good team from then on. You have no idea who is going to be good from year to year and you have no control over your conference schedule.
Wisconsin does carry some blame. FAU, Utah State, and BYU is a joke of a non-con schedule.

It's also pretty convenient the B1G gave them a conference schedule with only one real game. How can they miss OSU, PSU, and MSU in the same year? That's not on Wisconsin. It's just ridiculous in general.

Wisconsin does carry some blame. FAU, Utah State, and BYU is a joke of a non-con schedule.

It's also pretty convenient the B1G gave them a conference schedule with only one real game. How can they miss OSU, PSU, and MSU in the same year? That's not on Wisconsin. It's just ridiculous in general.

It is completely ridiculous and should be looked into. Unbalanced conference schedules drive me nuts.

Back