Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Speight to Transfer

I wish him well and I hope we get Shea Patterson. Transferring from Ole Miss.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

buh-bye!!!

I guess he doesn't want to see what will happen in an open competition. Weak that he even announces this before the bowl game. I hope Harbaugh doesn't let him take another snap.

Godspeed and I wish him the best and appreciate his effort. Don't understand when people speak poorly of players or ex-players just for things not working out as well as everyone would like on the field. Doesn't matter that he's not going to see it.

Last edited:
Sounds like Malzone may be transferring after spring as well. He wants to finish his degree here first.

Last edited:
I can understand why Wilton did it now. He now has time to look and see what the best options are. I dont think he was ever going to play in the bowl game anyway. Peters should be fine by them and O'Korn can back up with Malzone as #3.

Godspeed and I wish him the best and appreciate his effort. Don't understand when people speak poorly of players or ex-players just for things not working out as well as everyone would like on the field. Doesn't matter that he's not going to see it.

some people take a very narrow view of the program & sport.

Speight is graduating from Michigan and can play somewhere. Look st Shane

He may be a December graduate and wants to see what is there

He could see he was moving down the chart

Wish him well

Speight is not the future and I appreciate his past contributions.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I wouldn't say I trashed him.

I feel that we are on small, unknown board and can say what we want without resorting to rah rah coachspeak.

It's not like he's going to read the comments here, so yeah, I could say, I wish him well, thanks for the contributions, but what purpose would that really have?

Yeah, no one's speaking poorly of him as a person. He's an adult, he can handle himself if he did for whatever tiny reason read this board.

As a player, he wasn't that good.

While I do think we should be nice and not mean to our players that don't win as much as we'd like if given the opportunity, that's not really what I mean. (And I don't think anything from this board makes it back to players anyway.) I'm not slamming anyone, I just can't relate. The way I approach fandom, which I know is unjustifiable and irrational, is a thing where I mentally associate as part of the extended family. I tend not to say "we won" and we lost", but I feel that way. I feel like I lost something Saturday. And I think it's from that perspective where I just don't get that impulse to criticize or say 'good' when someone leaves. No matter how badly things went on the field, he's 'one of us'. He certainly has a stronger claim on being one of us than I do.

Saying 'good' when someone leaves seems like something a disappointed employer would say rather than someone with a team mentality. It's not right or wrong, I just can't relate. It's not kicking a puppy, it's ketchup on eggs.

I wouldn't say I trashed him.

I feel that we are on small, unknown board and can say what we want without resorting to rah rah coachspeak.

It's not like he's going to read the comments here, so yeah, I could say, I wish him well, thanks for the contributions, but what purpose would that really have?

the board isn't private though.

anyone can find it or stumble across it via a variety of means.

remember when Douglas2K and his adversaries came crashing in here to argue over Taylor Lewan & whats-his-name's sexual assault issue? They totally harshed our mellow, dude.

the board isn't private though.

anyone can find it or stumble across it via a variety of means.

remember when Douglas2K and his adversaries came crashing in here to argue over Taylor Lewan & whats-his-name's sexual assault issue? They totally harshed our mellow, dude.

Yeah, but Douglas2K is one obsessive person.

Back