Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Qb depth next season

hungry

redshirt sophomore Brandon Peters

redshirt freshman Dylan McCaffery

true freshman Joe Milton

True Freshman Kevin Doyle

Kind of scary

Might be a good idea to bring a grad transfer?

Might be a good idea to bring a grad transfer?

No. I'm sick of the fucking shortcuts. Just pick your freshman/sophomore, get through some hard times, develop him, and let him carry the team his junior/senior season.

What if they get hurt?

You don't bring in a grad transfer to play third string to your young QBs. You bring them in to start. I can't think of a scenario where a student is done with classes and is okay with transferring to be second or third fiddle in a second rate Big Ten school.

Last edited:
A 3rd and 2nd year quarterback who was highly touted and selected by Harbaugh. No excuses going forward, lots of talented qbs been starting around those ages and playing exceptional. This isn’t 1997. The only season I give a pass on is freshman year. By year two you should be a decent starter at least.

Last edited:
Seems like a long time since Michigan has had a good QB. Rudock was probably the best in recent years, but he was just okay. I am really tired of seeing QBs at Michigan regress from year to year. DR, DG, Speight, all regressed. I want to see what Harbaugh can do with developing a QB. So, while bringing in a grad transfer may give short term satisfaction in terms of wins, it will also lead inconsistent offensive play from season to season and frustration. I'd like to see what Peters can do next season.

Last edited:
I agree that Peters should've started this year

I guess maybe Harbaugh didn't want to throw him out there as his first start being in Dallas against FLorida...

then after Michigan won, you have a hard time benching Speight, even though he sucked in the Florida game.

Maybe Harbaugh and us fans were just a victim of circumstance this season with the QB situation. THere really is no way to say that it definitely would have went better if it had been done differently, I guess.

Back