Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Outback Bowl: Michigan vs South Carolina

hungry

The 2018 Outback is scheduled for January 1. The game will be broadcast on ESPN2 and kickoff at 12:30 PM ET

per twitter

Besides Tinsel...that is per me. You shouldn't need any other source.

Besides Tinsel...that is per me. You shouldn't need any other source.

If you had tweeted it, it would have been per you. It was tweeted by Brett McMurphy, whoever that is, who is citing "sources."

I'll wait until ESPN announces it.

If you had tweeted it, it would have been per you. It was tweeted by Brett McMurphy, whoever that is, who is citing "sources."

I'll wait until ESPN announces it.

Nope, it is per me, since I am the one who posted it here

multiple sources are reporting it.

Punch me in the face. I hate this game.

why? I admit, I don't know much about South Carolina this season

are they a bad matchup?

or are you just soured, because it is not a playoff game and it's a meaningless bowl game?

why? I admit, I don't know much about South Carolina this season

are they a bad matchup?

or are you just soured, because it is not a playoff game and it's a meaningless bowl game?

I want to play a team with some worth, like Stanford or LSU.

Is that where Sparty's going?

Are they playing Stanford?

That's who the prognosticators had as the B1G rep's projected opponent.

MSU is playing Washington ST in the Holiday Bowl

so yes...but no

Last edited:
MSU is playing Washington ST in the Holiday Bowl

so yes...but no

Those prognosticators are a bunch of melon heads.

Anyway, my wife would have had to have pulled a few strings to get that Thursday afternoon and the next day Friday off at her job, being as it's the week after Christmas and a lot of people have already taken that time off...even that would have been a pain in the ass.

So she's just as soon Michigan doesn't come out this way.

Yep, much easier to get Jan 1 off and watch at home on your TV

I want to play a team with some worth, like Stanford or LSU.

The thing is...the matchup isn't much in Michigan's control; the bowl assignment is a negotiation between each qualifying team and the conference. There's a B1G - SEC tie in with the Outback Bowl, and the SEC chose U So Carolina and the B1G chose Michigan.

LSU is going to play Notre Dame in the Citrus Bowl, and Stanford is going to play TCU in the Alamo Bowl.

Stanford and TCU deserve each other more than Michigan deserves either, both having gotten to their conference championship game, and Notre Dame had a better season than Michigan; obviously the SEC is going to pick that match up, rather than to send LSU to the Outback Bowl.

Is that where Sparty's going?

Are they playing Stanford?

That's who the prognosticators had as the B1G rep's projected opponent.

Besides an a1 warthog or the lord jesus chris himself nobody stands a chance against our mascot.

Last edited:
The thing is...the matchup isn't much in Michigan's control; the bowl assignment is a negotiation between each qualifying team and the conference. There's a B1G - SEC tie in with the Outback Bowl, and the SEC chose U So Carolina and the B1G chose Michigan.

LSU is going to play Notre Dame in the Citrus Bowl, and Stanford is going to play TCU in the Alamo Bowl.

Stanford and TCU deserve each other more than Michigan deserves either, both having gotten to their conference championship game, and Notre Dame had a better season than Michigan; obviously the SEC is going to pick that match up, rather than to send LSU to the Outback Bowl.[/QUOTE. Good analysis. I roll my eyes at our matchup but in the end im ok with it. There arent many pure big 10 fans between the 2 boards here. Go green, go blue. I hope the b10 does well

Last edited:
Back