Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Biggest Disappointment

LKP

A Shawn Robinson on defense. Step back in run defense without Ngata and no pass rush at all
Jarrad Davis coverage. Sometimes in run D too
Cornelius Washington did almost nothing
Lawson regressed some. Hayden was terrible
Whitehead towards end of year had some issues but good earlier in the year
Spence played too much due to other injuries. Same with Zettel. Zettel started strong but fizzled
Ansah injuries galore again led to way less playing time and not consistent pass rush. Though 9 sacks now
25 PPG defense allowed

Oline injuries
Abdullah
Tate down the stretch (shoulder injury)

a lot of holes for a holeless team

Shouldn't have been holes talent wise. Became holes execution wise. And the O and D line injuries ravaged this team. Stafford ankle against tough toughest opponents in Saints and Vikings

Bring on the NFC West and AFC East, NFC North, at Dallas and either Saints or Carolina at Ford Field

Lions get healthy on Oline and fix the pass rush and good things will happen

Offensive Line, all of them. Heading into the season, I fully expected a cleaner pocket for Stafford and a better run game. Instead Stafford is running for his life all season long, and our run game is just as bad as its always been

Last edited:
Just not a elite coaching staff. All teams have injuries , and this team only seems to beat .500 or under teams with this staff. We have seen enough it is time for a new staff with intovative thinking .

Last edited:
Just not a elite coaching staff. All teams have injuries , and this team only seems to beat .500 or under teams under Caldwell. We have seen enough it is time for a new staff.

Typically yes, but when the season is on the line they once again lay an egg.

Too many to name.........

1) Caldwell is #1 to me. He looked totally lost this year and cost this team wins at least 4-5 times IMO..
2) No running game at all
3) Defense fell apart

Focus on the draft needs to be on RB, DE, DT, LB. They have a boatload of money on FA's, so go after an up and coming CB or S.

what are we not disappointed in is the question, Stafford, Prater and maybe some of the secondary guys. that's about it. everything else is a joke.

O line joke
D line Huge joke
Running Game, NON exsistant
JBC gutless
JC deer in headlights.
Austin, over rating

they all need to go.

I would say Caldwell also but I didn't expect much anyway. Same Caldwell as always.

Man, I was born in Ann Arbor, just a shot away from Detroit.

That's my biggest NFL disappointment.

Ameer Abdullah - whether you want to blame the O-Line or not, he's running out of time.

O-Line - The addition of Lang and Wagner didn't change much at all.

Ziggy Ansah - This was a very big year for him and he blew it. Almost half his sacks came in one game. He was far too quiet for most of the year.

Ziggy Ansah - This was a very big year for him and he blew it. Almost half his sacks came in one game. He was far too quiet for most of the year.

2/3 of his sacks came in 2 games against the worst LTs in the league. He had 3 sacks this year in my book. Garbage

Abdullah and ansah suck ass.

Abdulah sucks but he will be cheap next year so you don't cut him. They need a starting caliber RB. Carlos Hyde would be a good fit but probably more than he is worth. The Lions really need to hit on one in the draft.

Happy to say I did not let the lions ruin the holidays this year like last year. Last year at this time (or was it the year before? I can't remeber now, it's all just a blur), I was in a very dark place in large part brought on by the lions being the lions, this year decided they aren't worth it anymore. F the lions and thier decades of ineptitude

My only complaint at the moment is that it's too damn cold out when is that man bear pig stuff supposed to kick in

Last edited:
Happy to say I did not let the lions ruin the holidays this year like last year. Last year at this time (or was it the year before? I can't remeber now, it's all just a blur), I was in a very dark place in large part brought on by the lions being the lions, this year decided they aren't worth it anymore. F the lions and thier decades of ineptitude

My only complaint at the moment is that it's too damn cold out when is that man bear pig stuff supposed to kick in

How it's been for me for awhile my friend. I disconnected emotionally awhile ago. I'll come back with some level of passion once they win a playoff game. Until then, I'm just in the "show me" phase of my fandom.

How it's been for me for awhile my friend. I disconnected emotionally awhile ago. I'll come back with some level of passion once they win a playoff game. Until then, I'm just in the "show me" phase of my fandom.

At one point during the last game I slammed my hands together and yelled out god I'm so sick of this shit!

That was about it.

At one point during the last game I slammed my hands together and yelled out god I'm so sick of this shit!

That was about it.

Yep, at some point this team just drains you. Close games against bad teams are what killed it for me, and Cooter play calling. Changes being made in the coaching staff is the only thing that can get me looking forward to next season, not rookies, not player progression, but this game wrecking coaching staff kicked to the curb

One of my biggest disappointments has to be Killabrew.... I thought after last year the kid was going to get an expanded roll and be a stud this year.... Got a pick 6 in the first game then saw his role get less and less after 3 straight starts... Didn't tackle as well as he did last year and looked lost in run support....

Back