Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Sign Prince Fielder

buddyboy2121

Get it done DD, get $10 mil back from V-Mart's injury and you could trade V-mart after this season. Imagine our lineup with both Prince and Cabrera. Boom. WS title.

It's not going to happen. Prince and Cabrera don't want to DH and I don't think Illitch wants to pay another huge contract. Not saying I wouldn't love it but really there is just no way.

We NEED somebody. I would be elated with Fielder, although I know the odds are slim. Dombrowski needs to do something to earn his paycheck, thats for sure.

jrange378 said:
We NEED somebody. I would be elated with Fielder, although I know the odds are slim. Dombrowski needs to do something to earn his paycheck, thats for sure.
Yup, signing Gerald Laird is fine when you have your top two hitters in the lineup but when you lose one of those, it's time to grow a pair

Martinez won't be replaced completely, regardless of who the Tigers acquire, he was by all accounts a clubhouse leader and motivator, keeping everyone loose.

Losing Victor is, and will be a significant and potentially crippling blow to this team.

Perhaps one of Damon, Matsui, Young (Dmitri) Pena, Fielder, or Ramirez will be signed, but each one is maybe less likely than the next, IMO.

Not sure of ex-Tigers Damon and Pena's status as far as availability, however, and doesn't Ramirez have to serve a suspension of 50 games or so first?

I think a big trade involving Turner and/or Castellanos for a position of need player (e.g., Wright, HanRam, Michael Young, etc.) is pretty likely. I'm not opposed to signing a vet on a 1yr deal either. Fielder would be awesome, but seems really unlikely to happen.

kingofdetroit57 said:
I think a big trade involving Turner and/or Castellanos for a position of need player (e.g., Wright, HanRam, Michael Young, etc.) is pretty likely. I'm not opposed to signing a vet on a 1yr deal either. Fielder would be awesome, but seems really unlikely to happen.
Yup i'm thinking that they will go the route of a big trade such as a Josh Hamilton

Maize&blue21 said:
Get it done DD, get $10 mil back from V-Mart's injury and you could trade V-mart after this season. Imagine our lineup with both Prince and Cabrera. Boom. WS title.

Boom WS title.

Red Sox fans said that when they got Agon and Crawford, no such thing as boom WS title.

MI_Thumb said:
[quote="Maize&blue21":smvc3sca]Get it done DD, get $10 mil back from V-Mart's injury and you could trade V-mart after this season. Imagine our lineup with both Prince and Cabrera. Boom. WS title.

Boom WS title.

Red Sox fans said that when they got Agon and Crawford, no such thing as boom WS title.[/quote:smvc3sca]Yeah but Prince and Cabrera are better than Agon and Crawford

Maize&blue21 said:
kingofdetroit57 said:
Yup i'm thinking that they will go the route of a big trade such as a Josh Hamilton
Hamilton would be interesting.

kingofdetroit57 said:
Maize&blue21 said:
Hamilton would be interesting.
Send a package of Turner, Young, and Crosby for Hamilton and let him play a whole season as a Tiger and decide the size of the contract after his year

Maize&blue21 said:
[quote="MI_Thumb":3i89xga3]

Boom WS title.

Red Sox fans said that when they got Agon and Crawford, no such thing as boom WS title.
Yeah but Prince and Cabrera are better than Agon and Crawford[/quote:3i89xga3]

You're missing the point.

And for the record, Prince and Cabrera might be better than Agon and Crawford, but Youkilis is better than Inge, Pedroia better than Raburn/Santiago, Ellsbury better than Ajax, etc.

Having the best team on paper means jack shit once the season starts.

I'd love a guy like Prince, but where do we put him?

We're a team full of holes and everyone wants people who play positions we don't need filled.

Like someone else said, neither will DH, and neither can play 3B/2B/LF, so we don't need Prince, as nice as his offense would have been.

Back