Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

several veterans looking for work

I'm still not sure if I want to see Vlad or Carlos Lee instead of a solid upgrade via trade for a 2nd or 3rd baseman.

Man those guys have made more money than they could spend in many lifetimes over.

I've always been a big Vlad fan. He seems like the best of the old guys to me, and I had a good chuckle about Fausto. One of my good friends is a HUGE Indians fan. He isn't exactly thrilled about this.

I would perfer to get faster and younger if possible... Young is a DH.. He cannot field a lick.. Why not upgrade defense and try and get a guy like Marlon Byrd from the Cubs. .282/.339/.420/.719.. Me may be able to get him and Garza from the Cubs if we deal them Turner and some other prospects.. I would not mind Lee but lets try and get him and
Wandy Rodr

I do not see how getting a 34-yr old right-handed OFer who walks almost as much as Young, solves anything.

maybe Lee or Vlade if they can get them cheap for a year, might help the pain of losing Martinez, at least they'll have a name behind Cabrera.

[quote="biggunsbob":z13p5rtx]I would perfer to get faster and younger if possible... Young is a DH.. He cannot field a lick.. Why not upgrade defense and try and get a guy like Marlon Byrd from the Cubs. .282/.339/.420/.719.. Me may be able to get him and Garza from the Cubs if we deal them Turner and some other prospects.. I would not mind Lee but lets try and get him and
Wandy Rodr

[quote="MI_Thumb":n60cg3zb]
[quote="biggunsbob":n60cg3zb]I would perfer to get faster and younger if possible... Young is a DH.. He cannot field a lick.. Why not upgrade defense and try and get a guy like Marlon Byrd from the Cubs. .282/.339/.420/.719.. Me may be able to get him and Garza from the Cubs if we deal them Turner and some other prospects.. I would not mind Lee but lets try and get him and
Wandy Rodr

[color=#006400 said:
biggunsbob[/color]]
[quote="MI_Thumb":cct5nbkp]

I dunno Bob, our cupboard is kinda bare, Turner and Castellenos being the only pieces to excite anyone, and it would seem a huge waste to ship them off for players like Byrd and Garza.

IMO if were going to trade our top prospects(s), it had better be for a much higher impact type player(s).

I know but vlad and lee are freaking slow and huge... I just don't know what to do.... I am leaning toward Lee over Vlad... Make a splash and get Wandy in the deal too..[/quote:cct5nbkp]

I guess what I'm saying Bob is if you trade Turner it has to be for someone huge.

DD got Fister and Pauley for Furbush and Wells. then got DY for Oliveros, and Betemit for a couple nobodys.

Turner is the diamond in our system that's kinda dull overall, if you're going to trade him it's gotta be for a top tier guy, same with Castellanos.

Marlon Byrd and Garza don't come close, we would be getting raped in the ass dry-style on a trade like that.

MI_Thumb said:
[quote="biggunsbob":s9bl6nbj]

I know but vlad and lee are freaking slow and huge... I just don't know what to do.... I am leaning toward Lee over Vlad... Make a splash and get Wandy in the deal too..

I guess what I'm saying Bob is if you trade Turner it has to be for someone huge.

DD got Fister and Pauley for Furbush and Wells. then got DY for Oliveros, and Betemit for a couple nobodys.

Turner is the diamond in our system that's kinda dull overall, if you're going to trade him it's gotta be for a top tier guy, same with Castellanos.

Marlon Byrd and Garza don't come close, we would be getting raped in the ass dry-style on a trade like that.[/quote:s9bl6nbj]

Ok I agree but i am of the opinion that Young should never see the field if possible.. Man Lee and Vlad are super slow motion guys...

Back