Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers in on Roy Oswalt

buddyboy2121

Jon Morosi @jonmorosi 2m

Sources: #Tigers are on fringe of Roy Oswalt sweepstakes, not as involved as #RedSox at the moment. But situation is fluid.

Sweet, We needed hitters then Mart goes down so they are in on signing a pitcher.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]Sweet, We needed hitters then Mart goes down so they are in on signing a pitcher.

I think we have been in on a pitcher ever since the off season since we are looking to replace Penny's spot. I don't think the Oswalt sweepstakes change our front offices view on responding to VMart's injury.

i thought they said they were in on Oswalt like a month ago....do something about it and stop talking about it.

Get it done.

I read the Red Sux just traded away Scutaro to free up cash for a signing and they are speculating it's Oswalt though.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]Sweet, We needed hitters then Mart goes down so they are in on signing a pitcher.

If there are no hitters to add the next best thing is improve the pitching staff. It's a good move.

There were hitters out there. I get the too expensive or asking for too much but they were out there.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]There were hitters out there. I get the too expensive or asking for too much but they were out there.
If we added Oswalt, Cespedes, and/or Vlad/Damon/Abreu/Manny/etc., that'd be a significant improvement from where things stand right now.

There's no proof Cespedes can hit an average major league breaking ball.
I'm not sure Oswalt can even pass a physical.
Manny was late on fastballs two seasons ago. Think he's improved / gotten faster at his age?

MotownWebGuy said:
There's no proof Cespedes can hit an average major league breaking ball.
I'm not sure Oswalt can even pass a physical.
Manny was late on fastballs two seasons ago. Think he's improved / gotten faster at his age?

Teams would not be looking at Oswalt if he had not provided proof he could play.

Cespedes seems to be the big idea around here, but I agree, people are assuming he's going to just start on a MLB roster out of the blue and be serviceable, those same people believe in the tooth fairy.

Manny is just a dumb idea, a guy who can't even play for 50 games, who has not played a full season for 3 years, and is the laziest S.O.B. MLB has probably ever seen, not to mention probably cant play at all without PED's. Manny would actually make us a worse team, rather than better.

And finally the super pipe-dream, that somehow Prince Fielder would take a 1 year contract to come to Detroit.

Prince would probably never come to Detroit anyhow, even if we offered him 10 years, because he hates his daddy, and he would never live his daddies shadow down in Motown.

Oswalt is the best option out of those ideas, it would be like winning the lottery at this point.

If you were Oswalt as saw our infield defense and LF'er you would turn the Tigers down too lol.

MI_Thumb said:
If you were Oswalt as saw our infield defense and LF'er you would turn the Tigers down too lol.

Our INF defense is actually solid, unless Raburn is at 2B.

mjsb2 said:
MI_Thumb said:

Our INF defense is actually solid, unless Raburn is at 2B.
Correct, Cabrera and Peralta are solid and with Santiago at 2B it's actually pretty good. Inge and Kelly are both solid at 3B as well.

Back