Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Who do you think we could get at 2b or 3b?

randyf10

All of you out there who want us to improve at 2b and 3b, lets hear some legitimate examples of who we can get and fair trade offers for those players. I think you will find there are verry few realistic possibilities if you are fair and honest.

Hanley Ramirez or David Wright are probably the most realistic options if we are willing to trade Turner and/or Castellanos. They are actual upgrades and are definite trade candidates based on their team decisions during the offseason. Ramirez might mean moving Peralta over which is another can of worms, but nothing that couldn't be done.

Now that the Tigers may prioritize acquiring perhaps a pricey DH, they may get "Jack Squat" for 2B and/or 3B, since they recently obtained Whatizname Mendozaline for 2B, and Inge apparently has spent the off-season putting on (or trying to) more muscle, so that IF he manages to get the bat on the ball, instead of his usual and customary check-swing K, he might hit each of them out of the park, since Brandon is still under the "misconception" that he should be and IS a power hitter, instead of just trying for a basehit, or coaxing a BB and upping his OBP as a result. The Tigers batting coach Llegendary Lloyd McClendon is a fucking joke, and Inge is just an out-and-out dumbass.

Izturis or Callaspo from the Angels.

Could actually see a deal with one of them and Abreu.

Two different ?'s, who could they get now or who could they have gotten in December? Sure the pickings are slim, 6 weeks ago they weren't.

Personally, Reyes at SS and Peralta at 3B.

randyf10 said:
All of you out there who want us to improve at 2b and 3b, lets hear some legitimate examples of who we can get and fair trade offers for those players. I think you will find there are verry few realistic possibilities if you are fair and honest.

It appears no FA 's or trades at 2B and 3B are coming. Better get used to the platooning idea. Odds are, Dombrowski is standing-pat at both positions.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]Two different ?'s, who could they get now or who could they have gotten in December? Sure the pickings are slim, 6 weeks ago they weren't.

Reyes was never an option at any point.

And thank god, the contract the Marlins gave him was obnoxious.

I am fine with Santiago at 2nd. we should trade for Wright. I believe somebody mentioned some combination of Inge, Castellanos, Smily and Oliver. I would be good with that

tigerfantroy said:
I am fine with Santiago at 2nd. we should trade for Wright. I believe somebody mentioned some combination of Inge, Castellanos, Smily and Oliver. I would be good with that

Why would anyone want 30 something Inge? If you delete him. the trade becomes better.

mjsb2 said:
[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]Two different ?'s, who could they get now or who could they have gotten in December? Sure the pickings are slim, 6 weeks ago they weren't.

Says you. Solid hitter and can lead off. Not like there's a cap. I can't speak for you but I could careless how much money they spend.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]
mjsb2 said:

Says you. Solid hitter and can lead off. Not like there's a cap. I can't speak for you but I could careless how much money they spend.

If the Tigers didn't have to operate on a budget I'd have been all for Reyes.

I don't care one bit if the Tigers make a profit or lose 50 million, but they do have to operate on a budget, and adding Reyes would make the team worse in the long run, there's really no question about that.

Who says they have to operate on a budget? I'm sure they said that when we were spend 70m and then then went over 100m. Anyway, take out 6.5 for DY. And it's not so bad? How does DY warrant 6.5M?

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]Who says they have to operate on a budget? I'm sure they said that when we were spend 70m and then then went over 100m. Anyway, take out 6.5 for DY. And it's not so bad? How does DY warrant 6.5M?

The Tigers don't have unlimited resources.

Therefore, they have to operate on a budget.

It's pretty simple.

Even the Yankees and Red Sox have to operate on a budget.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]Who says they have to operate on a budget? I'm sure they said that when we were spend 70m and then then went over 100m. Anyway, take out 6.5 for DY. And it's not so bad? How does DY warrant 6.5M?

Who knows.

They really should have non-tenered DY, Raburn full time in left and Santiago full time at 2B would be better than what they currently have, though that is far from ideal.

So, who our best player in the OF? Not sure I trust any to have a solid year and being weak in two IF positions makes me a bit bummed by the lack of signings.

Back