Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

97.1 reported Tigers are now looking at Matsui.

bavarianinnman

At 37-38 years old im not sure what hes got in the tank. hes had to bad years at Oakland. But he didnt have any help in the lineup and wasnt really hitting in hitter friendly parks out there in the AL west.

Hes lefthanded if i remember right, his numbers possibly could return to his numbers from a few years ago hitting in the parks in the Al central which are suited very nicely for a left handed power hitter.

Im just not sure if hes got much pop left in his bat.

Let's face it, Damon, Guerrero, Lee or Matsui are all going to be crap shoots and may not pan out, we need to give them a very low contract, with some incentives and if they flop we cut them and go with what we have, those our are only options other than trading Turner, Smyl or the 3b prospect and getting a younger OF.

Should Get one of them, and hopefully near the trade deadline we can make a deal for a nicer bat for the OF or IF.

So it "looks" like the Tigers could be reportedly looking @ almost every Tom, Dick, and Harry that is still a FA, with the possible exceptions of Maggs (edit: whoops, they may be considering him again as well, from the link) and Carlos...so whats Sheffield up to nowadays?

(((shrug)))

I'm not supportive of gambling the future on a has-been before the season begins. Rather pony up before the deadline and trade assets for assets that are actually producing at the plate.

Damon is probably the safest option, Vlad probably the most potential, everyone else I'd hope we pass on.

Sign either 1 to a 1 year deal, on the cheap.

[color=#006400 said:
biggunsbob[/color]]Yikes...

I bet you wish we had Reyes now ;-).

You wait and wait and wait..and this is what you get stuck with. 38 fkn year olds.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]
[quote="biggunsbob":9ga18d2j]Yikes...

You wait and wait and wait..and this is what you get stuck with. 38 fkn year olds. [/quote:9ga18d2j]

No I have always said Reyes is to injury prone, and to expensive. He wasn't early in his career but he is breaking down big time his last three years.. Plus Peralta never liked third in Cleveland.. I say keep JP happy. Unless we could have gotten Reyes to play 2nd.. :)

[color=#006400 said:
biggunsbob[/color]]
[quote="Mitch":0lh3c1at]

You wait and wait and wait..and this is what you get stuck with. 38 fkn year olds.

No I have always said Reyes is to injury prone, and to expensive. He wasn't early in his career but he is breaking down big time his last three years.. Plus Peralta never liked third in Cleveland.. I say keep JP happy. Unless we could have gotten Reyes to play 2nd.. :)[/quote:0lh3c1at]

I think you meant to say one year he was injuried and missed a lot of games and skewed the numbers. I'm pretty sure that's what you meant to say ;-).

The rumors are kicking our asses. It's like rumor city this season..

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]
[quote="biggunsbob":6lda21fr]

No I have always said Reyes is to injury prone, and to expensive. He wasn't early in his career but he is breaking down big time his last three years.. Plus Peralta never liked third in Cleveland.. I say keep JP happy. Unless we could have gotten Reyes to play 2nd.. :)

I think you meant to say one year he was injuried and missed a lot of games and skewed the numbers. I'm pretty sure that's what you meant to say ;-).[/quote:6lda21fr]

I really wanted to say we should get Honus Wagner then move JP to third and Pick up Charlie Gehringer for second..

Even now still better than Inge. Lay their corpse on the ground and guarantee they k less than B. Inge.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]Even now still better than Inge. Lay their corpse on the ground and guarantee they k less than B. Inge.

Well their strike zones would be tiny, so they would get a base on balls every PA, but need a pinch runner.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]Even now still better than Inge. Lay their corpse on the ground and guarantee they k less than B. Inge.

LOL

Back