Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

So I Call Out to the Wife "What's the Author's Name Again?"

tinselwolverine

...and I walk into the room where's she's reading to hear her answer.

She looks at me out from above her reading glasses and asks "you mean, the author of this book?"

Long, long pause...

"No, I meant the author of 'Romeo and Juliet.'

The wife is simutaneously substantially irritated and mildly amused, and her mild amusement naturerally adds to her substantial irritation...

So...who else's wife, on the recommendation of their women friends, has started reading the "50 Shades" trilogy by E.L. James...?

Last edited:
...and I walk into the room where's she's reading to hear her answer.

She looks at me out from above her reading glasses and asks "you mean, the author of this book?"

Long, long pause...

"No, I meant the author of 'Romeo and Juliet.'

The wife is simutaneously substantially irritated and mildly amused, and her mild amusement naturerally adds to her substantial irritation...

So...who else's wife, on the recommendation of their women friends, has started reading the "50 Shades" trilogy by E.L. James...?

My daughter devoured/is devouring them right now. I read 20 pages of one of them. Read like an HBO series to me. Lot's of sex, bondage, and psychological manipulation. Screams chick flick to me. No wonder they are so popular.

Back