Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Red Wings 5 Penguins 2 Final

Hey this game is on national TV, NBC.

Woo hoo!

And I just watched Cindy Crosby getting some kind of plaque or trophy or something.

And they just had a moment of silence for my college buddy for Atanis's dad.

Very cool they did that . Sorry for your loss of a friend . Same darn thing just happened to me today as a real good friend who I worked in Vegas has died.
He was living back home in Oklahoma and I guess he went to the store and didn't look good and went out side and collapsed by his car. Brain hermrroage or aneurysm. They flew him to Plano texas and he was declared brain dead at freaking 46 years old. The family took him off like support this morning and he died at 9:43. I am so freaking heart broken and teary eyed about it. Gerald Wilcox was a cool dude and friend. Least they are donating his organs and one if his kidneys is going to a friend of his sister I think. I do not drink much anymore but I had a beer at the restaurant last night for G. Damn I ramble ...

Last edited:
Jeff and Bob, my heartfelt sympathy to both of you on the loss of dear friends.

Our Red Wings beat the cindy crosby penguins and I say it's in honor of your friends.

Jeff and Bob, my heartfelt sympathy to both of you on the loss of dear friends.

Our Red Wings beat the cindy crosby penguins and I say it's in honor of your friends.

Thanks Buddy!!!!!! Always great to beat Cindy !!!!

Am I the only RW fan who would welcome the Crosby as a Red Wing? Not that it will ever happen, but the guy is really good and we don't have players like him anymore. As for the game, nice win. Abdelkader still hurts the team, and ever will.

Anyone who says they wouldn't want Crosby in the Red Wing uniform is a moron. We all felt the same about Chelie, Sheed. We would go absolutely bonkers the second he donned the colors and stepped on the ice.

Anyone who says they wouldn't want Crosby in the Red Wing uniform is a moron. We all felt the same about Chelie, Sheed. We would go absolutely bonkers the second he donned the colors and stepped on the ice.

Who said he wouldn't be welcomed here? At the moment he's a Penguin. It's okay to ridicule him.

I've heard that plenty, how people would rather vomit before seeing him in a Wing uni.

Hey sorry if my post was unclear but thanks for all your condolences.

my college buddy Atanis Ilitch didn't die.

His dad just died.

The moment of silence at the rink in Pittsburgh yesterday was for his dad, Mr. I.

I never met Mr. I, but he used to come to watch his son in the stage productions I performed in with his son at the university of Michigan.

His son was very proud that his mother and father came to see him perform on stage.

Atanis was a very talented stage actor.

My understanding is he runs his own recording label these days back home in the Detroit area.

Back