Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

RIP Alan Colmes

Michchamp

he was 66.

he was an actor who played a liberal on the radio for a number of years. for most of recent history, he played a liberal on Fox News.

Oh well. they'll have to find someone new to fill that role now.

I thought they brought Bob Beckel back.

Anyway too bad about Alan Colmes.

He was really good in that role.

I guess you do what you do in "Infotainment" like FoxNews and the rest of the cable networks. He was always such a pawn for Hannity and such a doofus, being portrayed as the token "liberal" on the network. Can't say I'd heard his name or seen him lately, but then I don't watch cable news, much less FoxNews.

Rip .. what happened does it say anywhere? He was decent on the radio but it's not like I listened to him that often. I never watched Fox either.

Last edited:
^^^^ "After a brief illness" is what I have read.^^^^

Rip .. what happened does it say anywhere? He was decent on the radio but it's not like I listened to him that often. I never watched Fox either.

i just saw he "died after a brief illness." not sure any more details than that are out there.

In other news, a co-worker and friend of mine was found dead the morning after the SuperBowl. It's been rough around here - 46yrs old and leaves behind 3 college-aged sons.

Then on Tuesday morning at a client's office, it was discovered that one of the stock brokers - 62yrs old - had committed suicide over the long, holiday weekend.

Been a somber/morose mood lately...

Last edited:
I liked Alan Colmes. Him and Hannity made a good pair. Bob Beckel is funny. All the liberals on Fox News are pretty good outside Shepard Smith.

Edit: Sorry about your coworker, Victor.

Last edited:
I guess you do what you do in "Infotainment" like FoxNews and the rest of the cable networks. He was always such a pawn for Hannity and such a doofus, being portrayed as the token "liberal" on the network. Can't say I'd heard his name or seen him lately, but then I don't watch cable news, much less FoxNews.

He had his radio show. For 14 years, last one yesterday.

Just read a quick hit from Hannity -- whatever Colmes battled is being kept close and the illness not revealed.

Thanks Mitch. Been going through his desk today and it's hard to do without getting emotional again

Back