Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

EPA Funding to be Cut by 97 Percent

Hyperbole. They don't even take water from the Great Lakes. Nestle makes their withdraws from groundwater wells at a rate of 200+ gallons per minute (soon to be 400 thanks to our shitty fucking governor, even though they were sued for taking 400 less than ten years ago). About 350 miles from Cleveland.

Funny you'd bring up the Mistake by the Lake though. Pre EPA, didn't the river catch on fire? So much for self imposed oversight by businesses.

Let's cut defense spending of the Air Force by about 97%. Let's see if they can do more with less like the rest of us.

I mean we spend more on the military then the next 12 countries combined but President Swampman wants more nukes :/

We don't need an environment. We just found 7 more earths we can destroy 40 light years away. Duh...

Sign me up I'm ready to go provided it's warm and has plenty of water, vegetation an no man eating predators

Last edited:
from the article:

Congress authorized the GLRI at $300 million a year through 2021 with standalone authorization, meaning Congress could choose to restore funding up to that level each year even if Trump holds to the proposed cut.

So it sounds like Trump really has no say in the matter.

Sign me up I'm ready to go provided it's warm and has plenty of water, vegetation an no man eating predators

i love that we measure everything in light years when we cant even go that fast.....40 light years = no one meaningful enough to be able to start a civilzation can get there in a timely enough matter.

Yeah, the dream of us migrating from Earth to another habitable planet is going to take centuries upon centuries until we come up with a spacecraft that allows for people to travel at light speed or close to it.

Maybe it could happen someday, but not in our lives.

Let's see if the EPA can do more with less like the rest of us. 43% of its budget is allocated to water quality. Maybe it can divert funding from enforcement to prevention. It's got $6 BILLION to spend. Let's find out what it does with that money now.

Wow! I don't think we could be more opposed on this topic.

Let's subsidize fossil fuel companies to the tune of $20 billion while the rest of the world subsidizes them far more than that, hand the EPA $6 billion and see who wins. Does that sound like a plan for finding the right answer?

My guess is since 97% of most scientist believe in global warming this number is just a big fuck you card from the epa leader and Trump. Sad days For America sadly.

Hyperbole. They don't even take water from the Great Lakes. Nestle makes their withdraws from groundwater wells at a rate of 200+ gallons per minute (soon to be 400 thanks to our shitty fucking governor, even though they were sued for taking 400 less than ten years ago). About 350 miles from Cleveland.

Funny you'd bring up the Mistake by the Lake though. Pre EPA, didn't the river catch on fire? So much for self imposed oversight by businesses.

Ooooh .....BURN!!!

Get it?! Like how Lake Erie - water - BURNED....?!

Back