Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Michigan vs Wisconsin BTT championship

Not exactly what you're looking for, but MGoBlog provided some stats that are relevant for our upcoming game against a State that is OK.

"As you might expect from a team that rarely turns the ball over and largely abandons the offensive glass, Michigan's transition D is good relative to their halfcourt D. They provide very few opportunities (18% of opponent shots). Their transition eFG defense of 53% is barely worse than halfcourt (51%). Meanwhile Okie State's transition is often forced; they're only middling at converting transition opportunities."

Yeah, I hopped over there and read that after posting. I do want to see all of the date, but that definitely speaks to my point.

This is a pretty damn intriguing matchup. A little more intriguing than I would have liked, but in a way we're already playing with house money on the year. It would be awesome if they can advance through this tournament, but if they don't, this season still provided us with a hell of a lot more fun than anyone would have guessed it would.

From what I understand if Michigan scores more than the other team they'll win almost always. Proven at least 87% of the time..

I feel good about the match up with OK State. JB has four days to get us ready to play against a terrible defense. That usually goes our way.

Evans is a concern as he seems to be able to drive and get in the lane on anybody. We need Zak to continue playing solid D as well.

I see giving up too many second chance opportunities on the defensive glass as a bigger problem than not getting enough second chance opportunities themselves.

Michigan is pretty good at creating good scoring opportunities on a one shot posession.

I see giving up too many second chance opportunities on the defensive glass as a bigger problem than not getting enough second chance opportunities themselves.

Michigan is pretty good at creating good scoring opportunities on a one shot posession.

Agree...i'm more concerned with giving up offensive boards than not getting them ourselves. We can put up points without needing those extra possessions when the offense is running smoothly. Giving them up is a problem because what should have been 0 points can lead to 2 or 3 points allowed instead. Fewer possessions the opponent gets the better

Agree...i'm more concerned with giving up offensive boards than not getting them ourselves. We can put up points without needing those extra possessions when the offense is running smoothly. Giving them up is a problem because what should have been 0 points can lead to 2 or 3 points allowed instead. Fewer possessions the opponent gets the better

This will be a very big deal against OK State. They are the 6th best offensive rebounding team in the country.

Definitely agree, defensive rebounds will be crucial

Wolverines, that's a bit of a two-edged stat. They are great at offensive rebounding, but they basically sacrifice the whole team to do it. They don't rebound well because they are big, it's because they are reckless. If Michigan can use their superior size (cannot believe I'm saying this) and rebound properly, they'll have massive opportunities to get out and go.

Wolverines, that's a bit of a two-edged stat. They are great at offensive rebounding, but they basically sacrifice the whole team to do it. They don't rebound well because they are big, it's because they are reckless. If Michigan can use their superior size (cannot believe I'm saying this) and rebound properly, they'll have massive opportunities to get out and go.

I absolutely agree. We have to be disciplined in getting on our man and boxing out because they send the house to the glass. If we do that, there will be transition opportunities aplenty and we are deadly in transition.

Last edited:
whatever. I'll be following on gamecast here at work. it's practically the same exact experience as being there.

Last live game I attended the guy wouldn't let me in because I showed up naked (like Todd Marinovich at his neighbors' house, but I wasn't stoned or on meth)...I was all like..."what's the big dill? I'm always naked when I watch the game on TV at home...?"

So the guy says to me, he says "what about when you watch the game on TV at work?" and I says to the guy, I says "I'm always naked then too."

Back