Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

OkSt's coach just hired by UI

Very strange move. He looked to have something pretty darn good happening at OK State. Instead, he takes over a bleh Big Ten program that's been drifting forever. This isn't even a lateral move IMO, this is a step down.

Very strange move. He looked to have something pretty darn good happening at OK State. Instead, he takes over a bleh Big Ten program that's been drifting forever. This isn't even a lateral move IMO, this is a step down.

they go through ADs like Spinal Tap went through drummers.

the current AD was a jock (I think he had a brief NFL career) who went to law school there, and then almost immediately became the AD when he graduated. I don't think he had any experience in athletic dept management before getting the job.

the last AD they had fired Bruce Weber, which was a bad decision, I think. They had a couple bad years under him, but nowhere near as bad as they had after they fired him.

they kinda fancied themselves a "basketball school" when I was there, and they did make the NCAA final in '05 and nearly had a perfect season. it's been a slow slide to oblivion since then. they really have no excuse for not bringing in more of the Chicago-area & N. Indiana talent.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back