Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Michigan vs Oregon game

So what time Thursday morning do we need to leave Mrtyle Beach to make the tipoff driving !!! Google maps say 14 hours 50 minutes!! Figure a bunch of stops that total 60 minutes for gas and strechin and food. I think 3 to 4 Am should be good!!! Added bonus is my wife is a power driver cause she drIves alot for work and starts at 230 am normally.

Last edited:
We're 4-0 all-time vs Oregon. I say we make it 5 in a row on Thursday.

12/21/1955 - W 81-71 - @ Oregon
12/29/1971 - W 93-85 - Far West Classic in Portland, OR.
03/30/2004 - W 78-53 - Postseason NIT in New York. (Madison Square Garden)
11/24/2014 - W 70-63 - Progressive Legends Classic in Brooklyn. (Barclays Center)

The more I read about this, the more I like the match up. Oregon does not have anyone starting over 6'9, their PG is a freshman who doesn't really do much other than pass to the stars. They are incredibly wild and all over the place, and Beilein can coach circles around Altman.

I've seen us favored to win in a couple places, but it's still a narrow margin (we're -1).

all our games have been tight so far. I do feel more confident about this matchup than the 1st two, but I'm not taking anything for granted.

The thing I"ve noticed with the ducks is they play hard and fast. Teams like that give us problems. If we shoot well, I don't think they can beat us, but an off night like yesterday against Louisville and it could be close.

I'm just glad we've shown that we can multiple ways against different styles of play.

I don't get why the Louisville game was an "off night" for us. they took us on around the perimeter, so we went inside. it showed we werent one dimensional

I don't get why the Louisville game was an "off night" for us. they took us on around the perimeter, so we went inside. it showed we werent one dimensional

Agree and it shows that JB does indeed know how to adjust when the 3's aren't there for the making. I think Oregon plays us close for a while but in the end we're gonna beat them by double digits. Remember what we did to VCU and Florida en-route to the Championship in 2013? I think we were all sweating those games.

We won't play another team as tough as L'ville on the defensive end. That being said, Oregon can really fill it up so this is still a tough match up.

We won't play another team as tough as L'ville on the defensive end. That being said, Oregon can really fill it up so this is still a tough match up.

Like our first match up.. Michigan can "fill it up" as well if need be. Anyway, with 16 teams left all match ups have the potential to be a tough one.

Like our first match up.. Michigan can "fill it up" as well if need be. Anyway, with 16 teams left all match ups have the potential to be a tough one.

We have the 3rd most efficient offense left in the tournament. Only behind UNC and UCLA. We definitely know we can fill it up, but Oregon's defense is better than Ok State's. OK State's defensive efficiency was 133rd. That had to be one of the worst in the tourney. Oregon is rated 22nd. The good news is that Boucher being out means they no longer have a rim protector. Should be able to score in the paint just like we did against L'ville.

Last edited:
Agree and it shows that JB does indeed know how to adjust when the 3's aren't there for the making. I think Oregon plays us close for a while but in the end we're gonna beat them by double digits. Remember what we did to VCU and Florida en-route to the Championship in 2013? I think we were all sweating those games.

This team isn't even remotely close to being as talented as the 2013 team.

I agree. I was just saying our shooting wasn't good. Inside, yes, we were very good.

This team isnt as talented as the 2013 team true. But the other 15 teams left arent either. there is no dominate team. Anyone can beat anyone at this point. I think we match up well with Oregon because they lost their big man and now just try to be more athletic than the other team. We are just as athletic and we have senior leadership. The biggest difference I have seen is we arent living and dying by the 3 as much. Irvin is willing to drive and take the 2 where as in the past he wasnt like that.

Pitino is a douche.

"They're all Golden State!"

[MICHIGAN KICKS THEIR ASS IN THE PAINT]

"We beat ourselves tonight"

Remember what we did to VCU and Florida en-route to the Championship in 2013? I think we were all sweating those games.

I don't remember the 2013 Championship.

I remember the 1989 Championship.

Too bad I don't remember the 2013 Championship; that would have been a cool thing to know about.

I don't remember the 2013 Championship.

I remember the 1989 Championship.

Too bad I don't remember the 2013 Championship; that would have been a cool thing to know about.

Tough crowd.....Obviously I meant to say championship game but I stand by what I said. We're gonna take Oregon to the cleaners. I don't think we would beat Kansas and Purdue is gonna be more than ready for us, so we will see what happens.

Back