Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Today's example of Christians behaving badly

What would be a subset example?

Are Baptists a subset of Christianity?

Well subset indicates it's still somewhat parallel to Judaism. Christianity and Islam would be wild tangents.

I would consider Baptists, Methodists, Lutherans, etc. to be subsets to Christianity yes, since at least the major theological ideals are similar.

Today's example comes from PA, where this drunk-ass mom beat the crap out of her daughter because the daughter failed to recite her biblical stories correctly: link.

this same drunk ass Christian mom has apparently exhibited bad behavior before:
This wasn't Shoffner's first brush with the law this year.

Police responded to an active domestic dispute at Shoffner's home after neighbors reported hearing arguing and banging there on Feb. 10. ...

Shoffner, who was half-naked, leaned out the window and screamed obscenities at the responding officers as she told them to get off of her property, police said.

She then gave the officers the middle finger and told them that if they came through her front door, she "got something for us," police said.
yelling vague drunken threats at cops? she's lucky she didn't get shot! that's a capital offense these days.

Today's example comes from PA, where this drunk-ass mom beat the crap out of her daughter because the daughter failed to recite her biblical stories correctly: link.

this same drunk ass Christian mom has apparently exhibited bad behavior before:
This wasn't Shoffner's first brush with the law this year.

Police responded to an active domestic dispute at Shoffner's home after neighbors reported hearing arguing and banging there on Feb. 10. ...

Shoffner, who was half-naked, leaned out the window and screamed obscenities at the responding officers as she told them to get off of her property, police said.

She then gave the officers the middle finger and told them that if they came through her front door, she "got something for us," police said.
yelling vague drunken threats at cops? she's lucky she didn't get shot! that's a capital offense these days.

not bad...Christians haven't behaved badly since 01/05/2017

not bad...Christians haven't behaved badly since 01/05/2017

Not true.

our team of militant atheist researches is currently working on the write-up of the backlog going back to that date. they've been very busy.

Not true.

our team of militant atheist researches is currently working on the write-up of the backlog going back to that date. they've been very busy.

. . . so did you hear about this drunken atheist who beat the crap out of their kids because they correctly recited their bible verses?

I'm sure it takes the same quality of individual to do crap like that. I highly doubt Christianity had anything to do with her deranged behavior.

Keep in their pitchin' though. I think you protest an awful damn lot against hypocritical people, yet on the political scale when libtards are doing the same things, they seem to get a pass.

. . . so did you hear about this drunken atheist who beat the crap out of their kids because they correctly recited their bible verses?

I'm sure it takes the same quality of individual to do crap like that. I highly doubt Christianity had anything to do with her deranged behavior.

Keep in their pitchin' though. I think you protest an awful damn lot against hypocritical people, yet on the political scale when libtards are doing the same things, they seem to get a pass.

not true.

also, old ZYXT made a thread attacking atheists (he didn't do a very good job though) and I enthusiastically participated in it.

Christianity does not cure concupiscence, especially in those Christians who do not believe that it plagues us constantly. So to blame Christianity for the faults that are our own is lazy and self-indulgent.

Christianity does not cure concupiscence, especially in those Christians who do not believe that it plagues us constantly. So to blame Christianity for the faults that are our own is lazy and self-indulgent.

I don't know that the news story from post #363 has anything to do with concupiscence.

Unless the mother drank as much as she did in an attempt to keep herself from behaving concupiscently.

I don't know that the news story from post #363 has anything to do with concupiscence.

Unless the mother drank as much as she did in an attempt to keep herself from behaving concupiscently.

It has everything to do with it. Concupiscence has as much to do with drinking and it does with any other practice that is designed to only gratify our senses.

It has everything to do with it. Concupiscence has as much to do with drinking and it does with any other practice that is designed to only gratify our senses.

So she got drunk and beat her kid because she was horny?

Do I want to learn what that word means? I'm thinking no.

Concupiscence is more than sexual desire. "In Catholic theology, concupiscence is seen as a desire of the lower appetite contrary to reason. For Christians, concupiscence is what they understand as the orientation, inclination or innate tendency of human beings to long for fleshly appetites, often associated with a desire to do things which are proscribed."

"Fleshly appetites" include sexuality, but also more than just sexuality.

Last edited:
Concupiscence is more than sexual desire. "In Catholic theology, concupiscence is seen as a desire of the lower appetite contrary to reason. For Christians, concupiscence is what they understand as the orientation, inclination or innate tendency of human beings to long for fleshly appetites, often associated with a desire to do things which are proscribed."

"Fleshly appetites" include sexuality, but also more than just sexuality.

Okay.

In secular definitions it primarily means sexual desire.

Oxford

Merriam - Webster

Last edited:
Here is the link to the Easton's Bible Dictionary definition of concupiscence.

Notice the phrase "the wrath of God Cometh on the children of disobedience..." is followed by a one eyed frowning emoticon.

How auspicious.

Last edited:
why do they always have to make sex and sexual desire sound so creepy? What a bunch of freaks.

why do they always have to make sex and sexual desire sound so creepy? What a bunch of freaks.

It's more "freaky" to abuse the gift of sexuality. It's a major problem that we as a people do that, though only one in a great number with a lot of zeros behind it understand that it is possible to even do that.

It seems to me that the Catholic/Christian definition of "concupiscence" is succumbing to base impulsive behaviors that are ultimately self-destructive.

Back