Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Lions Off Season Thread

Another now-former Lions defensive lineman has found a new home.
Tyrunn Walker, who had been with the club the last two years, has signed with the Rams according to Adam Schefter. Walker started a chunk of games this year for Detroit but did not have the big season many anticipated.
Once the Lions signed Akeem Spence in free agency, it became pretty clear the Lions were moving on from Walker.
Off the field, Walker is very involved in helping his hometown of New Iberia, Louisiana.
espn

http://www.prideofdetroit.com/2017/...ions-free-agent-tyrunn-walker-signs-with-rams
Former Lions DT Tyrunn Walker signs with Rams.
After suffering a devastating leg injury, Tyrunn Walker was never able to rebound in Detroit.
PrideOfDetroit

Last edited:
Worried about resigning Ziggy & Stafford in 2018? #Lions are projected to have ~$95 mil in open cap next offseason- most in #NFL.

Worried about resigning Ziggy & Stafford in 2018? #Lions are projected to have ~$95 mil in open cap next offseason- most in #NFL.

They have a ton of space. They'll get Stafford done this offseason. That way they can tag Ansah no problem if they can't agree to a value.

Ansah is 28. He's older despite being drafted in 2013. Plus a down year. That being said, top pass rushers get paid big money. Ansah will get 13-15 per at least. Maybe 11-12 per based on age, injury/production in 2016.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/rankings/average/defensive-end/

I wonder how long "not happening anytime soon." means. This is his last year under contract, some guys hate working on contracts during the season.

Got one of the best guards and tackles to come to Detroit, not a bad start

But can Quinn get the FA to come to Detroit......not an easy sell. We put up 10 or more wins in 2017 and we just might be able to buy a 2018 Super Bowl!

1 playoff win in 60 years and we're thinking SB?

Last edited:
Mitch will be pleasantly surprised to hear that I am optimistic for the Lions future. I think they are going to finally win that first playoff game since 1992 in Jan of 2018

Last edited:
They need a home playoff game. Tough to win on the road every year. 94, 95,97,99,2011,2014,2016. All road games

Well, I don't feel one iota of sadness for them for not earning a home playoff game last season. It was in their lap.

Back