Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

2017 spring football practice updates

I'm a little concerned with the coaching changes on offense.

If I'm reading it right, Drevno is now more of a fulltime OC, though he still has position responsibility for the interior OL, while the tackles and TEs will be coached by the new guy we brought over from IU.

not sure if this will help or hurt the consistency of playcalling on offense, and also whether it makes coaching the OL as a single unit more difficult.

I don't think much will change regarding the mechanics of the playcalling. As we established last year, Harbaugh has his system, I don't see it changing now. We could be in line for some schematic changes though. Frey is the Run Game Coordinator, and he has been a spread/zone blocking scheme guy for the most part.

The interior and outside OL being split up does seem counter intuitive, but I don't think it's anything revolutionary. I'm sure they've done their homework and are following a proven blueprint. (seems like UM might have been aligned like this before? can't remember)

The job of a sports journalist these days has to be more mundane than sorting recycling materials at SOCRRA, because they recycle the same garbage in their content and questions.

Last edited:
Debbie downer here, just too far away to even think about. Maybe in July I'll start getting excited for football. Not even spring yet.

Debbie downer here, just too far away to even think about. Maybe in July I'll start getting excited for football. Not even spring yet.

Not acceptable. You are either 100-percent engaged in Michigan Football 100 percent of the time or you can go support another program. We need to know that these guys are doing better at that cone-circling drill and that practices are "intense" and "focused."

Well, this is all we're going to get at this time of year, so take it or leave it.

Hell, just be happy that you're getting updates. Our spring practices are locked up tighter than a nun's asshole with that sexual assault case pending.

Hahaha. Eh public or not, it's all the same to me. We have no idea how anything is going to really shape out until they step onto the field.

Hell, just be happy that you're getting updates. Our spring practices are locked up tighter than a nun's asshole with that sexual assault case pending.

Can't say I endorse the analogy. Not at all appropriate.

Also, my comment was a shot at what's going on at MSU's spring practices. Not in any way a shot at anyone here. So maybe chill the fuck out.

Back