Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Led Zeppelin sued... again.

M'eh. Sometimes it's ok to sample/copy some amount. (Important example) If the original composer is ok with it, I'm ok with it. Lawsuits brought on by the estate after the composer is gone, when the composer had all the opportunity in the world to file a suit, doesn't seem right.

Last edited:
we know. you told us already. see post #3.

That post is almost two years old. Like I'd remember that. And from someone who at least weekly expresses his disdain for the "South" ...

tumblr_ngsaynMZok1qjmwryo1_250.gif

Last edited:
M'eh. Sometimes it's ok to sample/copy some amount. (Important example) If the original composer is ok with it, I'm ok with it. Lawsuits brought on by the estate after the composer is gone, when the composer had all the opportunity in the world to file a suit, doesn't seem right.

i agree to some extent, but Ripping it off was wrong in the first place, and there are plenty of good reasons why I think it's still okay for someone - even if not the original copyright owner - to sue for infringement.

the original owner might've been a lazy musician or felt like it wasn't fair to sue, or wasn't what artists do to one another. or they were intimidated by led zeppelin. or the song didn't initially make enough money to justify a suit.

Maybe I'm sympathetic here because my brother is a starving-artist-kinda-guy, who has gotten fucked over by a good many pushy people he has worked for. despite my urging he hasn't done anything about it for a variety of reasons, none of which make sense to me or are logical. artists are weird like that, but it doesnt make ripping them off and getting away with it due to the passage of time ok

Back