Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Dragon Age Inquisition

dubbsco

One of the best RPGs I've played in awhile. It's been hard for me to commit to an RPG lately, but this one has already eaten up 20 hours in a heartbeat. It's basically a tighter version of Skyrim in 3rd person.

A while back to promote DA:I, origin was giving away the first Dragon Age.

So I went ahead and got it, and I have to say....it's terrible LOL The targeting system and movement is so odd I gave up after like 10 hours of gameplay. If DA:I is anything like the first one, you can count me out. (well count me out anyways)

I haven't gotten either. DA seems to be hit and miss (mostly miss), maybe in spring when the price drops significantly. I like open ended games but hate buying $60 games.

I loved DA1. DA2 was crap.

This one is fantastic. It is a lot more refined, so many sidequests, the scenery is great.

I loved DA1. DA2 was crap.

This one is fantastic. It is a lot more refined, so many sidequests, the scenery is great.

I heard the story line isn't very good? Open ended games with a bad plot I don't enjoy.

It's not bad. Pretty similar to other RPGs.

Games of this magnitude rarely have strong plots. It's impossible to keep a tight narrative when there's so much freedom.

It's not bad. Pretty similar to other RPGs.

Games of this magnitude rarely have strong plots. It's impossible to keep a tight narrative when there's so much freedom.

Maybe but I'm also curious about the side quests..too many games have silly side quests that make no sense. How are those..

You know, it's one of the first RPGs in awhile where there's some thought to it. It's not all fetch quests. I have honestly enjoyed them.

I loved all the DAs....I have this one still unopened....im going to be stuck on destiny for awhile. Too much content and the multi player is too much fun.

I just recently bought it, nice sale price. I'm played a little Mage, Rogue Archer and Rogue Dual Wield..which I think is what I'll stick with. I heard the Rogue Archer is one of the best classes, and I love archer, but I'm pulling aggro like I'm a tank Warrior..getting my ass kicked. Mage wasn't bad but I like the get out of shit stealth that a rogue offers.

So far it's a solid game, still haven't explored a whole lot yet. I expect to get a good 300 hours out of this..

Last edited:
I did mage. Had a lot of fun with it.

I restarted with a Mage, level 7 now. I do enjoy it. What I don't enjoy..mountains. Too many mountains. They all beg you to try and climb but most you can't. I feel like a frog half the time, jump jump jump.

At least those mountains are more forgiving than Skyrim's.

But this game was the first time in awhile that I stared at the graphics. If you got to the Storm Coast you'll know what I'm talking about. Those waves are insane. And then the dragon and giant start doing battle. Fantastic.

At least those mountains are more forgiving than Skyrim's.

But this game was the first time in awhile that I stared at the graphics. If you got to the Storm Coast you'll know what I'm talking about. Those waves are insane. And then the dragon and giant start doing battle. Fantastic.

I've gotten there with my Rogue Assassin who's level 11. Yeah the Dragon and Giant was awesome. When I saw them fighting the Giant was on the mountain side and the Dragon finally got the best of him and he fell down below. That was pretty cool..

There's just so much you can do. First time in awhile I actually did a lot of the side quests and they were interesting.

Jumping around again .. started a Elven Archer. My Mage KE is level 12 now and I'll get back to him. But I guess I like starting new characters..

The game will probably take a back seat a bit as I will be playing Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited come Tuesday PS4. I haven't played an MMO in some time so I'll give it a try..I heard that added some stuff and improved it. Anyone currently playing ESOT on PC?

I saw it at Target while I was busy buying unnecessary crap. I just bought Witcher a couple weeks ago and played for about a half hour and haven't played again since due to work and other things. I just have too much on my back log right now.

Back