Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Vatican to recognize Palestine

and this is somehow worse than how Israel is actively wiping Palestine and Palestinians off the map, settlement by settlement?

what planet are you posting from again? It can't be Earth.

where did I post that it was ok for Israel to do that? not once did I say that it was acceptable for Israel to partake in settlements, whether as a national goal or as small religious entities doing it (which is not any better/different than terrorists doing their actions while the nation of Palestine publicly states it is wrong - not that they do - and privately funding/supplying those groups...those two things are equivalent, yes).

then there is the truth of what I was saying, that Palestine (or more likely the "terrorists" acting on Palestine's behalf) would use NUKES to wipe Israel off the map based on their ideology, public statements, government stated goals, and terrorist stated goals. they want to wipe Israel off the map...and they do not care if they die doing it based on countless suicide bombings.

So yes, it would be worse...or are you going to somehow claim that the use of nukes is not worse? whether as a military bomb/missile or as a terrorist dirty bomb...please enlighten me how that action is equal to or better than what Israel is currently doing. you cannot defend the idea that it would be ok for either side to use nukes in any fashion where the purpose is killing. or maybe in your racist jew hating opinion, nukes are the only thing to use against Israel.

That is a concern since they have declared their goal is to wipe Israel off the map

I'm sorry, do you have an actual, factual link to support this? You love to just say random things as if they are fact, and I'm pretty sure you are confusing the Palestinians with Iran, who actually did say that, so if you have a real source, I'd love to read it.

Or maybe you're just doing the whole, "They are all Muslims, they must all believe the same things" bit so many other knuckleheads do.

Thank you Tinsel.

They are not wanting to understand I actually support the 2 state concept, but have concerns due to the rhetoric. I'm hopeful peace can come from the 2 state potential, I just am pessimistic based on history of both sides pushing for every possible advantage until one gains more power/control over the other. IMHO, as long as one controls Jerusalem, the other will be attacking until they gain control. It seems a neutral governing entity would be more beneficial, but then both sides attack that neutral party until they leave, so maybe the only real solution is for no one to live there or control it or ever step foot there.

Seems like there will always be fighting there with each side crying about the abuses of the other.

Last edited:
I've given up hope.

They're all nuts and the shit will go on forever, just like the song that never ends.

Or maybe it'll stop when they finally nuke each other to oblivion.

I've given up hope.

They're all nuts and the shit will go on forever, just like the song that never ends.

Or maybe it'll stop when they finally nuke each other to oblivion.

100% agree, same story different generations. That's why I don't care if Palestine gets recognized or not, it just represents the record skipping to that portion of the song. Lol. The reality you and I recognize is it changes nothing in the grand scheme of things. Real change requires monumental changes in both religions, their mantras, tolerance, and to embrace that which they both talk about but don't actually pursue...Peace.

Part of me wonders if fundamental societal changes with new generations will eventually bring peace to the region.

The other part of me thinks they'll be always fighting over something, no matter what.

Sadly the latter may be more likely

Part of me wonders if fundamental societal changes with new generations will eventually bring peace to the region.

The other part of me thinks they'll be always fighting over something, no matter what.

Sadly the latter may be more likely

Those changes only have impact on the non-Orthodox/Extremist members of both societies. The Orthodox/Extremist look upon those members as lesser beings (terrorist extremists will kill them in Palestine for being infidels, but that doesn't get reported as much, but look at ISIS for the most extreme example or just look at "honor killing" even here in the US...of course thimb and champ care not to recognize these facts). While Jews don't do that level of extricating the non-Orthodox, they are no less blinded by their Orthodoxy beliefs, even here in NYC and elsewhere in US. Those are the groups who are doing the Settlements that so many, myself included, oppose...they just don't care.

Back