Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

EM Drive?

If she killed that lion with a bow, she has more sand than 99.99% of the world's population. If only the same people who are outraged by this were as outraged by the open season on innocent babies in the womb, who are utterly defenseless.

Babies aren't babies until they are born, and before Roe vs Wade, only the wealthy had illegal abortions performed by bribing physicians who had the adequate medical acumen and skills using properly sterilized surgical tools, to perform them in sanitary conditions. I am personally opposed to abortion, but not b/c of what some sky-gawd considers to be sinful. I am also a MALE who believes that I have no LEGAL or moral say in what females choose to do or not to do, especially now when there are so many means available, to prevent unwanted pregnancies.

Babies aren't babies until they are born, and before Roe vs Wade, only the wealthy had illegal abortions performed by bribing physicians who had the adequate medical acumen and skills using properly sterilized surgical tools, to perform them in sanitary conditions. I am personally opposed to abortion, but not b/c of what some sky-gawd considers to be sinful. I am also a MALE who believes that I have no LEGAL or moral say in what females choose to do or not to do, especially now when there are so many means available, to prevent unwanted pregnancies.

The solution is not anywhere to be found in this soulless, shapeless, impotent rebuttal. Pontius Pilate has nothing on this. The "babies are not babies until they are born" is such a fantastic and arbitrary claim that it can be escalated to "children are not children until they can talk and reason," "add 2+2," "pour their own juice without spilling it," "get an A on their first spelling test," ... the qualifications are limitless.

Meanwhile, you "oppose" abortion but have not the moral integrity to even desire to see it end. That's more egregious than if you an agent who took the phone calls from mothers and who scheduled abortions and were paid commission for it. There are such people who make a living that way. Perhaps they share your point of view. Maybe it's what helps them sleep at night.

Abortion has not and never will "end" whether performed with the assistance of others or the females attempts to miscarry through means that most often badly injures if not kills themselves as well as their fetus. Most unwanted pregnancies occur in the poorest areas of the nation, b/c of the lack of adequate sexual education and/or the persistence/pervasiveness of Christians who consider all artificial birth control methods to ALSO be sinful and that they should be made illegal.

Last edited:
Abortion has not and never will "end" whether performed with the assistance of others or the females attempts to miscarry through means that most often badly injures if not kills themselves as well as their fetus. Most unwanted pregnancies occur in the poorest areas of the nation, b/c of the lack of adequate sexual education and/or the persistence/pervasiveness of Christians who consider all artificial birth control methods to ALSO be sinful and that they should be made illegal.

It's partially the "fault" of people who believe that sexual intimacy should only occur between a married man and woman? And of those who think that contraception "should" be illegal?

Them dots is not even in the same book, let alone page. I am baffled that your concern for the poor does not include those yet-to-be born.

Last edited:

Based on what? That's neither accepted science or legal doctrine. It's nothing more than depraved indifference. I noticed you didn't say it wasn't a human being until it's born but is that what you meant? And before you boil the debate down to religion take a look at the trend re: Americans' opinion on abortion and the trend in Americans' affiliation with religion. Pro life is on the ascent while religion is in decline. The former is on the ascent because of advances in SCIENCE, not religion. Science proved that the zygote has a unique HUMAN DNA at conception and science demonstrated a detectable heartbeat before most women even know they are pregnant and because of science more than a generation of kids have grown up w/ ultrasound pictures of their little brothers and sisters on the refrigerator. They learn very early that it's a human being and they know it's wrong to kill innocent, defenseless human beings.

I'm not aware of any movement to make birth control illegal. Can you cite a source that indicates this movement actually exists and has any meaningful support from anyone?

Last edited:
I wasn't the one who first brought it up, so no, I am not a pearls-clutching rightwinger who calls people of their Christian faith like Pope Francis as being their latest "AntiChrist"

If you still believe that Planned Parenthood is a "body parts" market then I suggest that you call the FBI with your suspicions.

http://rhrealitycheck.org/article/2...ople-behind-planned-parenthood-attack-videos/

"California Attorney General Kamala Harris will review whether the group behind the Planned Parenthood attack videos violated any laws in making the deceitful recordings, which depict Planned Parenthood officials talking about the organization?s legal fetal tissue donation program"

Good. I hope that these three charlatans get their collective asses handed to them.

Rightwingers aren't actually "pro-life" anyway. They are pro-embryo/fetus, and many if not most consider females to be nothing but sexually subservient biblically to males, as well as baby-making cum dumpsters. Once birthed, these unwanted or unsupported infants become immediately subject to their mantra of "personal responsibility". If the mother and/or infant(s) suffer from pre or post-natal complications, then they had better have the necessary funds. credit, and/or insurance to pay for it. Otherwise either or all can just drop dead right there on the delivery-room floor.

UNDERCOVER JOURNALISTS HAVE NINE MORE PLANNED PARENTHOOD VIDEOS IN THE CAN

Now under a restraining order barring release of footage

Yeah such bullshit they've all gotta be shut up now, huh uh..I hope those Charitians as you call them are givin Pulitzer Prizes

I'm still not sure how this em drive thread become a pp thread. Weird

UNDERCOVER JOURNALISTS HAVE NINE MORE PLANNED PARENTHOOD VIDEOS IN THE CAN

Now under a restraining order barring release of footage

Yeah such bullshit they've all gotta be shut up now, huh uh..I hope those Charitians as you call them are givin Pulitzer Prizes

I'm still not sure how this em drive thread become a pp thread. Weird

it has gone way off topic. I'll accept some responsibility as I was riffing off of an unhinged anti-conservative rant that set off another unhinged rant (maybe more than 1).

alright that does it! I'm starting a new thread on the one of the other boards for turok, should it be religion or politics though I can't decide. hmmmm.. i'll go with politics although I would see it also being a topic for religion

alright that does it! I'm starting a new thread on the one of the other boards for turok, should it be religion or politics though I can't decide. hmmmm.. i'll go with politics although I would see it also being a topic for religion

I'd suggest politics as well. I'm sure we can count on him to sprinkle in some religious intolerance there as he sees fit...

The solution is not anywhere to be found in this soulless, shapeless, impotent rebuttal. Pontius Pilate has nothing on this. The "babies are not babies until they are born" is such a fantastic and arbitrary claim that it can be escalated to "children are not children until they can talk and reason," "add 2+2," "pour their own juice without spilling it," "get an A on their first spelling test," ... the qualifications are limitless.

Meanwhile, you "oppose" abortion but have not the moral integrity to even desire to see it end. That's more egregious than if you an agent who took the phone calls from mothers and who scheduled abortions and were paid commission for it. There are such people who make a living that way. Perhaps they share your point of view. Maybe it's what helps them sleep at night.

:tup:

small government, personal freedom, anti-public assistance Republitards are such hypocritical pieces of shit on this particular issue.

#1 all-time greatest Republitard abortion issue hero: link. Seriously, he is like the whole issue personified.

^^^^^^ I don't know how that is cogent to this discussion. Plenty of Democratic politicians as hypocritical on this topic.

Here is their banner carrier. But I try not to get personal over it. My hope is that she and the rest have a St. Paul moment.

Last edited:
This thread would very likely not have had more than a few replies if it had stayed on topic, and I am hardly the only one here that has hijacked threads (although whether I actually did or not is based on purely opinion, not in fact). But there is one member here who is notorious for sniping and hijacking threads, and if you don't know who I am posting about, then you haven't been paying attention. He also rarely if EVAR creates his own topics of discussion, unsurprisingly.

As far as the more "holier than thou art" posting here, all that they do is push me even more further away from being agnostic, to becoming completely atheist. This is just exacerbated by browsing other rightwing website forums, and reading inane post after post that include biblical passages and implied threats towards those who would or are opposed to their extremist beliefs.

Last edited:
This thread would very likely not have had more than a few replies if it had stayed on topic, and I am hardly the only one here that has hijacked threads (although whether I actuallydid or not is based on purely opinion, not in fact). But there is one member here who is notorious for sniping and hijacking threads, and if you don't know who I am posting about, then you haven't been paying attention. He also rarely if EVAR creates his own topics of discussion, unsurprisingly.

As far as the more "holier than thou art" posting here, all that they do is push me even more further away from being agnostic, to becoming completely atheist. This is just exacerbated by browsing other rightwing website forums, and reading inane post after post that include biblical passages and implied threats towards those who would or are opposed to their extremist beliefs.

You know what they say "you can lead an idiot to knowledge, but you can't make him think". I don't think that's scripture or even the exact verbiage of the saying, but you get the point (maybe). Also, there is no "a" in "ever".

Do you have the same complaint about leftists who call for violence against those who disagree with them, like those calling for the head of a hunter, or lefty idiots like The Young Turks justifying destructive riots and openly endorsing violent revolution?

By the way, here's what Zimbabweans have to say about the lion whose killer you want to see chained up and eaten by polar bears (even though you despise people who threaten violence against others who disagree with them)...

"What lion?" acting information minister Prisca Mupfumira asked in response to a request for comment about Cecil, who was at that moment topping global news bulletins and generating reams of abuse for his killer on websites

"Are you saying that all this noise is about a dead lion? Lions are killed all the time in this country," said Tryphina Kaseke, a used-clothes hawker on the streets of Harare. "What is so special about this one?"

As with many countries in Africa, in Zimbabwe big wild animals such as lions, elephants or hippos are seen either as a potential meal, or a threat to people and property that needs to be controlled or killed.

"Why are the Americans more concerned than us?" said Joseph Mabuwa, a 33-year-old father-of-two cleaning his car in the center of the capital. "We never hear them speak out when villagers are killed by lions and elephants in Hwange."

http://news.yahoo.com/lion-zimbabweans-ask-amid-global-cecil-circus-140822692.html

Last edited:
You know what they say "you can lead an idiot to knowledge, but you can't make him think". I don't think that's scripture or even the exact verbiage of the saying, but you get the point (maybe). Also, there is no "a" in "ever".

Yeah, I get the point, and unlike you, I don't post personal insults to imply that any member is an idiot here, although there are some that use their personal beliefs to make it appear that they are somehow spiritually and morally superior to others, w/o knowing much, if not jack shit about them personally.

As far as the lion hunter Palmer, he and his criminal cohorts ILLEGALLY poached that lion, who was made to suffer despite being no threat to anyone, while being tracked with a GPS device that he hid in a tree when discovering it on his neck. The lion was not legally killed nor was it mercifully killed quickly. I am all too aware that lions amongst other big game animals are hunted "legally," but there are FAR more being poached, especially elephants and rhinos for the black-market value of their tusks and horns.

BTW..this will be my last reply to you. Don't bother with a retort, b/c I won't see it.

^^^^^^ I don't know how that is cogent to this discussion. Plenty of Democratic politicians as hypocritical on this topic.

Here is their banner carrier. But I try not to get personal over it. My hope is that she and the rest have a St. Paul moment.

I still fail to see how she's a hypocrite on this issue. (we have had this argument before) Unless you're hung up over her being Catholic and not agreeing 100% with church doctrine, in which case I would ask how many people do; agree and follow church doctrine 100%?

Fact is I'm glad Nancy Pelosi puts her political beliefs and the beliefs of the constituents who elected her, ahead of her religious ones. As the Founding Fathers wanted it.

Back