Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Warriors force game 7

I like the way golden state plays. They share the ball which is a thing of Beauty to watch. Hell their bench out scored the Cavs bench 45-10 last night. We all talk about the stars but some of you where right a out them in this series.
Man that is by definition team ball.

Last edited:
LeBron for me is a all-time top 20 player.

Being a star in a watered down league isn't special.

LeBron for me is a all-time top 20 player.

Being a star in a watered down league isn't special.

LeBron with his physical tools/basketball iq would be a great player in any era...but he'd not be as dominant in the 90's in my opinion because the league was alot more physical especially in the interior, he'd probably still be a 25 ppg scorer but on a lower FG% because of the handchecking as well which would nullify his post game which is nothing special to begin with. The fact that he often defers to others in the clutch shows me how much of a coward he is and he protects his FG% by not taking shots, he did it all the time in Miami when he played with Wade/Bosh and he does it in CLE now...often times you'll see Irving completely take over a game offensively...plus he'll pass the ball when he's presented in a tough shot with a low clock to a covered teammate so it won't hurt his FG% and he won't take a long distance shot when the time is running out. It's pretty obvious that he is very self-concious about what his statsheets look like at the end of the game.

He is a great player but the league has paved the path wide open for him to win championships and he's still failing.

One thing that has always bothered me is how the league coddles him, the whole crab dribble thing, the fact that he gets away with his usage of his off-arm on a LARGE majority of his to the basket drives and shoves defenders away and hardly ever gets called against him whereas most other players (even other stars) would get called for...then all of the whining and flopping he does on top of that + the arrogant persona he carries makes him very unlikable. I think his stats would look ALOT different if the league called the rules by the book on this guy, but they don't and they won't.

Last edited:
He is a great player but the league has paved the path wide open for him to win championships and he's still failing.

This is spot on to me. If anything is true in life, this statement is.

Man they are letting them play in game. There is a foul on every play tonight .. you guys were right . Warriors just seem way deeper than the Cavs.

Man they are letting them play in game. There is a foul on every play tonight .. you guys were right . Warriors just seem way deeper than the Cavs.

That's the problem with Cavs they made their team out of superstars, and gave big money to Thompson. You take 1 or 2 of their top 5 players out of the game from Injury, Poor Performance, or Foul Trouble and they instantly become an isolation team.

Honestly, this has been true for every LeBron team. Warriors constantly move the ball, and move without the ball even more-so when the game is tough. Cavs don't when the game gets tough they sit on their hands and play Isolation.

Last edited:
That's the problem with Cavs they made their team out of superstars, and gave big money to Thompson. You take 1 or 2 of their top 5 players out of the game from Injury, Poor Performance, or Foul Trouble and they instantly become an isolation team.

Honestly, this has been true for every LeBron team. Warriors constantly move the ball, and move without the ball even more-so when the game is tough. Cavs don't when the game gets tough they sit on their hands and play Isolation.

Pretty much this, and Irving is a big part of the problem...him and LeBron aren't a good mix because Irving is a one on one player and stagnates the offense, doesn't play well off the ball and he's a poor defender as is Love...the Cavs just don't have the ball/player movement like GS, every player on that team cuts and can pass, the Cavs don't have the personell to play like that so they need to shoot lights out to stand a chance. GS might sweep the Cavs.

Pretty much this, and Irving is a big part of the problem...him and LeBron aren't a good mix because Irving is a one on one player and stagnates the offense, doesn't play well off the ball and he's a poor defender as is Love...the Cavs just don't have the ball/player movement like GS, every player on that team cuts and can pass, the Cavs don't have the personell to play like that so they need to shoot lights out to stand a chance. GS might sweep the Cavs.

Idk, Irving was a top 5 PG and Love was probably the best PF in the NBA before LeBron came back to Cleveland.

How awkward was it to have this typed up after game 2 of the WCF and have to wait until now to press enter?

Yep, he played like complete dogshit vs. OKC...lucky for Gaymond he plays on a great team that could still beat a great OKC team with him wetting the bed the way he did. His accolades are a product of GS's system, they are a stacked team with excellent coaching and have the best depth in the league, if Green was on any other team in the NBA nobody would even talk about this overrated dickhead, he'd be a nobody. Biggest phony asshole in the league, bar none.

Last edited:
How awkward was it to have this typed up after game 2 of the WCF and have to wait until now to press enter?

Considering he was a key factor in their game 5-6 wins in the WCF as well as game 1 of the Finals it's not too awkward at all actually.

Idk, Irving was a top 5 PG and Love was probably the best PF in the NBA before LeBron came back to Cleveland.

Irving has never been a top PG because he's a train wreck defensively. Love was legitimately awesome in Minny, but he's actually been pretty great in Cleveland too. Love gets bashed for his D (not nearly as bad as Irving's), but he's still a super elite rebounder who can legitimately pound inside and kill you from deep.

Side note, Cleveland should stay big, but put Frye at center. Their defense isn't good enough to stop GS anyway, might as well try to outscore them. GS might just go to their death lineup, but they have that in their back pocket anyway. Frye can guard Green one-on-one at least.

Warriors playing flat in game 3, and Cleveland finally showing a pulse. A win tonight doesn't turn the series at all, but I'm not a fan of sweeps.

I wanted a warriors sweep. I thought with love, Irving and James all healthy the Cavs would win in 6 but the Warriors bench is so good. In want to be wrong, wrong,wrong. I just want James to be 2-5 in finals, and the indians are pissing me off lol..I love the way the Warriors play. So much fun to watch when on. If Allen hadn't bailed the Heat out James has only 1 title.

Last edited:
Get your starters out coach.. it's over. Three dud games in a row in the Finals for the nba .

Back