Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

2016 Summer Olympics

TheVictors

The upcoming Olympics seem to be the least hyped, least anticipated Games in a while ...

NBC featured a Sharp Shooter and Runner ...I know Phelps is going back but even that isn't being as dramatized as you'd think it would be.

I like the Olympics and figured it would help get us to Football but ZIKA, steroids, lack of big names, Brazilian corruption, crime and heat all seem to be problems.

Olympics anyone?

I'm not going to watch a single minute of the Olympics.

Olympics are pretty boring to me. For some reason I kind of like platform diving...it just amazes me to see what they do from 30'...but I probably won't watch any of it.

I usually watch quite a bit but I haven't been this unexcited for the Olympics in my life. I am curious to see if/how bad Rio fails as a host city.

I use to like watching the Olympics both summer and winter but not so much lately.

yeah, at least for me, as it has come out how much of a financial disaster the Olympics are for host cities, and how despicable the people who make up the IOC are, enthusiasm for them has been dampened.

I've also been reading about how corrupted by Nike money the US track and field team is, and how sponsorships often play a bigger role than talent. recently a bunch of sprinters collectively walked off the track to protest a Nike coach successfully getting a rival runner DQ'd on no evidence. fuck Nike. they're not only the biggest, but the worst.

I start to look at those friends who didn't give a shit about a sport unless they were playing in it at the time, and think they were a lot wiser than the rest of us for being passive spectators in these sleazy events.

I use to like watching the Olympics both summer and winter but not so much lately.

At least there's baseball. they don't hide the fact that it's all about the millions and billions they're wallowing in, so it's a little easier for me to watch.

I suppose taxpaying georgians might feel a little differently, since the Braves are raping the hell out of them... taking the gouging there to DanSnyder-levels of greed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jeez talk about a buzz Kill. Just to much greed l guess.I used to like to watch it alot ..

I can tell you that Atlanta most definitely did a pre-Games sweep of the streets and exercised some few hundred outstanding warrants and 'relocated' some transients to other cities (New Orleans, apparently among others).

I was there for about two months working those games and got into ATL before they did the sweep ...all of the hookers and many panhandlers gone suddenly ...and then many back once the Olympics ended.

My buddy actually spent about 10hours in Fulton County Jail during the Olympics over a vendor licensing issue and he said the jail was totally packed and that everyone all knew one another.

I'm assuming Brazil is even more brutish in its approach ..and my friend at Coke (huge Olympic sponsor and World Cup) has been to Brazil many times ahead of the games and the WC and said the corruption there is mindblowing..

That and the fact that he had a driver with a truck modified to have bullet proof windows and tires.

I'm guessing Brazil will rival Sochi, Russia in terms of how terrible a host it is

At least there's baseball. they don't hide the fact that it's all about the millions and billions they're wallowing in, so it's a little easier for me to watch.

I suppose taxpaying georgians might feel a little differently, since the Braves are raping the hell out of them... taking the gouging there to DanSnyder-levels of greed.

What is this "baseball" you speak of....?

Signed,
Rockies Fan

South Korea puts Rio and Atlanta to shame. link.

Fucking brutal. and that was 35 years AFTER the Korean War ended... and it was still basically a military dictatorship.

It's that the live events happen at such inconvenient times of the day for Americans, and I hate watching the prime time replays when already knowing the outcome.

Wow the last post to this thread was a month ago...

Up until the games started all I could think of about Rio crime and disease...but now that NBC is covering it all I'm thinking about is babes running around on the beach with their boobs out, beer, and the human drama of athletic competition… Thank God for the imagination of television.

Damn our guys of volleyball just lost to that hosers from Canada a.

Does that eliminate us?

It looks like, in chick rugby, when a ball is thrown in bounds, the team of recieving chicks holds one single receiving chick up by the butt.

Anyways we lost. Goddamn those Keewee bitches. Although some of them were kind of hot. Especially the ones that were being held up by the butt.

No they're showing paddling out in a river or some body of water or something.

Aren't all of these competitors going to die of Zika or some other form of dysentery?

Whatever razor these swimmers use, my face wants it. Their skin looks like butter. Unless they do full body electrolysis...then I pass.

Back