Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Ryan Lochte

I agree. he seems like a complete dipshit.

total waste of space

Expect him to be stripped of his medals before the games are closed.

Expect him to be stripped of his medals before the games are closed.

? not sure if that's even close to appropriate, he's a dumbass but I don't see the basis for stripping the medal from him.

? not sure if that's even close to appropriate, he's a dumbass but I don't see the basis for stripping the medal from him.

Yeah, they're all back in the USA and have apologized and it looks like it's about over.

Still don't know all of what any of them said to whom about what; I don't know that telling Billy Bush a tall tale on Good Morning America is any kind of Brazilian or international crime.

The late great Chris Kyle of American Sniper lore was known to tell bullshit tall tales all the time; I guess his only consequence was that after he was murdered his widow had to pay Jesse Ventura for libel because Kyle had claimed that he had beaten the shit out of Ventura.

I don't know that anybody's first encounter with the Brazilian authorities wasn't after they pulled those other guys off the plane; we don't know that Lochte ever talked to the authorities at all.

Apparently the guys who were pulled off the plane came clean right off the bat. As far as the property damage, the people in charge of the establishment seemed to find the payment for damages was satisfactory; after receiving payment, there's no indication they made a vandalism report, and private property damage settlements without police or courts involved happen every day.

Much ado about nothing.

He committed a crime, and filed a false police report while in Brazil as a member of Team USA Swimming, and fled when he knew he was about to be caught.

I'm pretty sure there is an ethics clause involved when you agree to represent a country at the Olympics.

He committed a crime, and filed a false police report while in Brazil as a member of Team USA Swimming, and fled when he knew he was about to be caught.

I'm pretty sure there is an ethics clause involved when you agree to represent a country at the Olympics.

What was the crime? Vandalism? The property damage was settled privately between two parties without the need of the police - that happens all the time everywhere in the world.

He didn't file a police report at all to my knowledge. He posted on social media and told Billy Bush and Matt Lauer a bullshit story.

So he "fled" before being caught for what? Not committing vandalism and not filing a false police report?

I'm not defending the guy per se - he's an idiot - but I'm a fan of facts and the truth and as far as I know none of what you're claiming here is true.

What was the crime? Vandalism? The property damage was settled privately between two parties without the need of the police - that happens all the time everywhere in the world.

He didn't file a police report at all to my knowledge. He posted on social media and told Billy Bush and Matt Lauer a bullshit story.

So he "fled" before being caught for what? Not committing vandalism and not filing a false police report?

I'm not defending the guy per se - he's an idiot - but I'm a fan of facts and the truth and as far as I know none of what you're claiming here is true.

He was interviewed by authorities and gave a false statement.

Last edited:
One if the kids paid $10,800 so he could go home after he came clean to the Brazilian police. I wonder if he can get reimbursement expense from USOC. Lol.

Last edited:
He did?

I have not heard that reported.

Anyways it appears the Brazilians are willing to let it all go with the apology.

Yes, that was how they (police) originally became suspicious, after taking statements from all the swimmers, there were wild inconsistencies. This was even being reported on the same day as the story broke about them being mugged.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/08/25/americas/ryan-lochte-brazil/index.html

Okay.

This is the first report I've seen in which the Rio or Brazilian authorities have confirmed that Lochte in fact had made false statements to them.

Lochte can opt to send a lawyer and does not need to appear in court.
If convicted, Lochte, 32, could face between one to six months in jail, although the judge could choose to levy a fine instead. There would be no negotiations in that case, Clemente Braune, a commissioner with the Special Tourist Police in Rio, said Thursday.

They should definitely hit him with at least a fine.

Feigen was let to go with a fine, so a kind of precedent of accepting a monetary may have been set.

Okay.

This is the first report I've seen in which the Rio or Brazilian authorities have confirmed that Lochte in fact had made false statements to them.

Lochte can opt to send a lawyer and does not need to appear in court.
If convicted, Lochte, 32, could face between one to six months in jail, although the judge could choose to levy a fine instead. There would be no negotiations in that case, Clemente Braune, a commissioner with the Special Tourist Police in Rio, said Thursday.

They should definitely hit him with at least a fine.

Feigen was let to go with a fine, so a kind of precedent of accepting a monetary may have been set.

Those fines apparently are high. The other guy paid over 11 grand. Seems like a lot.

Back