Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

christian god destroys home of christian bigot

Some interesting news coming out of Louisiana here. not sure what this means for bigots.

Well if God actually intervened in these types of things, destroying this guys house might not be at the top of His list, but in my very limited comprehension of God's will, he would certainly be on the list.

Calling yourself Christian, and actually being a good Christian, as you so wonderfully demonstrated throughout this forum, and on multiple levels, are NOT the same thing.

I can see your inane bait here, but so you understand - it is like comparing you to (Karl) Marx and (Josef) Stalin, because they didn't believe in Christ either.

Last edited:
Maybe this Perkins guy has secret, repressed homosexual urges.

That's typical of a lot of homo phobics.

So maybe that's why God destroyed his house.

Or it could just be a random event in a randomly occurring physical universe.

Who knows, right?

Funny that you would post bait, and as soon as someone answers your stupidity, you are happy to have your own thread derailed. I guess I should have known - as usual your posts rarely have a real point. My mistake Groucho

Last edited:
Funny that you would post bait, and as soon as someone answers your stupidity, you are happy to have your own thread derailed. I guess I should have known - as usual your posts rarely have a real point. My mistake Groucho

Hey, lighten up, Man.

It's Friday. jeez.

Well if God actually intervened in these types of things, destroying this guys house might not be at the top of His list, but in my very limited comprehension of God's will, he would certainly be on the list.

If god does not control the weather then what/who does? God seems to garner a lot of praise for sunny days, rainbows, and the such for someone that doesn't really have anything to do with it.

If god does not control the weather then what/who does? God seems to garner a lot of praise for sunny days, rainbows, and the such for someone that doesn't really have anything to do with it.

God has the same level of intervention for those events too.

If I say "thank God the Lions won that football game" - do you really think I, or anyone uttering that remark, thinks that God really had anything to do with them winning?

Same kind of thing might apply to all this "garnered praise" you mention.

If I say "thank God the Lions won that football game" - do you really think I, or anyone uttering that remark, thinks that God really had anything to do with them winning?

I don't know.

Back in the day, the lions tended to have their way in the big stadium against the some of the early Saints.

Some believe God had something to do with the Saints going up against the lions in the first place.

some Christians take the name of their own Christian god in vain like that, some don't. This one dumb kid in our carpool growing up had a grandma who sometimes drove us to school & would tell us we should thank our Christian god for the day when the weather was nice (what an idiot!). So my point is, sometimes they really do think their Christian god intervenes like that.

some Christians take the name of their own Christian god in vain like that, some don't. This one dumb kid in our carpool growing up had a grandma who sometimes drove us to school & would tell us we should thank our Christian god for the day when the weather was nice (what an idiot!). So my point is, sometimes they really do think their Christian god intervenes like that.

Maybe she wasn't implying that the Christian god had specifically intervened to make the weather those days nice.

Maybe she meant the Christian god set shit up so the weather would be nice on some days, so on those days when the weather was nice, people should thank the Christian god for setting shit up so that some days would be nice, like that those day, people should thank the Christian god for setting up to have some nice days like that.

Maybe she wasn't implying that the Christian god had specifically intervened to make the weather those days nice.

Maybe she meant the Christian god set shit up so the weather would be nice on some days, so on those days when the weather was nice, people should thank the Christian god for setting shit up so that some days would be nice, like that those day, people should thank the Christian god for setting up to have some nice days like that.

I see you're just playing the Christian's devils advocate here.

I don't know.

Back in the day, the lions tended to have their way in the big stadium against the some of the early Saints.

Some believe God had something to do with the Saints going up against the lions in the first place.

I used to think God had something to do with the Tom Dempsey's kick back in 1970, but I was just a kid.

God hates the Lions - always has.

I think ignorance plays a part in that. I can't help their ignorance, but I can say that I believe He doesn't intervene in any of the events mentioned in this thread.

Based on the number of people killed by "natural disasters" each year, it would appear god has very, or no, level of intervention.

Based on the number of people killed by "natural disasters" each year, it would appear god has very, or no, level of intervention.

the Lord done works in mysterious ways, he does!

The original Devil's Advocate was the person at the Vatican that argued against sainthood for a candidate.

giphy.gif

Back