Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

NFL Headquarters

biggunsbob

Might as well call them and vent !!!! Will it make you feel better .Probably not.
The league has to stop blowing so many calls. I'm sure it happens to other clubs but man it seems like one call always is the difference between wining and losing for the lions in some ganes. That was not a flag on Ebron.

212-450-2000

The Lions and Browns are not on the NFL's shortlist of preferred teams, so any complaints about officiating from their respective fan-bases are likely to fall on deaf-ears.

After browsing POD this AM, it was pointed out that the Titans were hosed by the refs on 2 fumble recoveries that went in the Lions' favor.

Last edited:
Lions didn't lose because of a penalty or penalties. I've watch a lot of football these past two weeks and many bad calls on everyone. I also saw the Lions for a moment on NFL Redzone and they could have easily been called for hitting one of their guys out of bounds.. but wasn't.

Lions don't get screwed more than anyone else.. It only comes up when they lose. Tip: Don't blow a 13 point lead and throw a bad INT.

Lions didn't lose because of a penalty or penalties. I've watch a lot of football these past two weeks and many bad calls on everyone. I also saw the Lions for a moment on NFL Redzone and they could have easily been called for hitting one of their guys out of bounds.. but wasn't.

Lions don't get screwed more than anyone else.. It only comes up when they lose. Tip: Don't blow a 13 point lead and throw a bad INT.

I disagree, the Lions did take a mountain more penalties than other teams.

Guess what? They mostly had it coming too, because they committed the penalties.

All game I saw three questionable calls. Yes, one of those was in fact the Ebron TD that was negated. One of them was the crackback block on Tajae Sharpe. And the last one was the one that wasn't called, the low hit to Staffords legs.

Out of all those penalties, I saw ONE they didn't have coming. I saw ONE the Titans took they didn't have coming. And I saw the Titans get away with one that in my opinion was a no brainer.

When you play shitty football, the results are shitty too.

I would prefer it if flags were reserved for stuff that isn't boarderline nobody watches games to see refs throw flags, fans don't support thier teams and the NFL to watch the refs, they come to watch a game where in theory the best team in that day should win, let them play! Some of those calls on both sides were Ticky tacky and shouldn't be called. This isn't new but it is old and I'm losing interest in the sport becuase of it, I don't want to see games determined by Ticky tacky flags. He out his arm out big deal, he is entitled to the ball to Damnit or at least he should be, same crap with defenders trying to block a pass if his hand happens to make contact with the QB in the process it's a personal foul? Wtf they are just supposed to not try to knock it down at all? The rules haven't gotten to Ticky tacky for me, it's not enjoyable watching refs control outcomes with that crap. It's all supposed to prevent injury but shit injures are off the charts every damn week, fail..

The NFL can go to hell, it's no longer fan or exciting to watch for me

I would prefer it if flags were reserved for stuff that isn't boarderline nobody watches games to see refs throw flags, fans don't support thier teams and the NFL to watch the refs, they come to watch a game where in theory the best team in that day should win, let them play! Some of those calls on both sides were Ticky tacky and shouldn't be called. This isn't new but it is old and I'm losing interest in the sport becuase of it, I don't want to see games determined by Ticky tacky flags. He out his arm out big deal, he is entitled to the ball to Damnit or at least he should be, same crap with defenders trying to block a pass if his hand happens to make contact with the QB in the process it's a personal foul? Wtf they are just supposed to not try to knock it down at all? The rules haven't gotten to Ticky tacky for me, it's not enjoyable watching refs control outcomes with that crap. It's all supposed to prevent injury but shit injures are off the charts every damn week, fail..

here's the problem with that...the same people that bitch about bad officiating, mostly bitch about the calls that go against their team. If the ref's swallow their whistles, the same people will still blame the refs because they DIDN'T make the call that would have helped their team.

As far as the NFL as a product, I think they are only as popular as they are because of gambling and fantasy football. I know that is the main reason I watch games.

EDIT: Fuck the Lions this week...I gave the 5 1/2

Last edited:
I find it somewhat interesting as well how many people defend it, oh well they played shitty so they deserve bad calls. It is the Lions after all and the other team had some to so it all evens out.. Really the other team had touchdowns taken away. I must have missed that part.

Let them play. I've heard it once said that there is holding on every play it's just a matter of if anyone saw it or decides it they want to call it or not by their own judgement. Holding can be called on any play in the NFL if a ref wants to or doesn't want to call it. The outcomes are controlled and or guided to a preferred outcome on any given week for any given game though the ability to control what's a flag and what is not, and frankly the NFL can shovel it all up their arse. Tune in next week for the same controlled shit show brought to you by the for entertainment purposes only National Fraud League.

Last edited:
I disagree, the Lions did take a mountain more penalties than other teams.

Guess what? They mostly had it coming too, because they committed the penalties.

All game I saw three questionable calls. Yes, one of those was in fact the Ebron TD that was negated. One of them was the crackback block on Tajae Sharpe. And the last one was the one that wasn't called, the low hit to Staffords legs.

Out of all those penalties, I saw ONE they didn't have coming. I saw ONE the Titans took they didn't have coming. And I saw the Titans get away with one that in my opinion was a no brainer.

When you play shitty football, the results are shitty too.

That's a disagree with tongue in cheek? Yes they take a lot because they're undisciplined.

But the rest of my statement is true. Don't play shitty football and you might not lose.. Stafford call happens and the Lions suddenly aren't winners.. That's the problem I see with some on here, "if that was called, we win." Or he throws a pick on the next play.

No way to can say if this happens that happens..

I forgot Caldwell, Caldwell is a dumbass anyway so because he's such a dumbass they deserved to have touchdowns taken away. I mean shit it shouldn't matter how many times you score you should be able to overcome anything thrown at you to win right. Yes of course. 2 TD's on one drive not good enough! they should be able to make it four, how shitty. what a terrible team for not being able to beat the other team and all the shitty ticky tacky calls. Hey they called some on them to so it's all good yes yes because that's what we all want to see, REFS throwing flags all fucking day for stupid borderline shit. That's what we pay to watch! fkcing NFL can go fly a kite i've got better things to do with my Sunday's like bitch about the Tigers.

So you won't be here anymore?

As far as gambling and FF - maybe but I watch because it's exciting. Though honestly not able to watch the Lions games here in Arizona, it's been more pleasant. The games I watch I don't care who wins just hope for an exciting close game. And no heartache on last minute losses by the Lions. But I still love football. Not as much as baseball but close..

As far as gambling and FF - maybe but I watch because it's exciting. Though honestly not able to watch the Lions games here in Arizona, it's been more pleasant. The games I watch I don't care who wins just hope for an exciting close game. And no heartache on last minute losses by the Lions. But I still love football. Not as much as baseball but close..

Not planning to watch much of any games including the Lions anymore, won't see me on the Lion game threads much at least. Still in fantasy leagues myself, those have become less enjoyable in recent years also will likely drop out of them in another year only i'm still in one cuz of friends. Don't want to leave friends and the draft parties are still fun to be with friends but yeah sooner or later i'm sick of the Lions and sick of the NFL for this and other reasons, it's been building for a few years now..I see it for what it is, a fraud. Used to sell cards on the side, closed it all down last year gave it all away. it's all just a fraud.

Last edited:
Not planning to watch much of any games including the Lions anymore, won't see me on the Lion game threads much at least. Still in fantasy leagues myself, those have become less enjoyable in recent years also will likely drop out of them in another year only i'm still in one cuz of friends. Don't want to leave friends and the draft parties are still fun to be with friends but yeah sooner or later i'm sick of the Lions and sick of the NFL for this and other reasons, it's been building for a few years now..I see it for what it is, a fraud. Used to sell cards on the side, closed it all down last year gave it all away. it's all just a fraud.

We all have to make choices. I was a big fan of the NBA at one time, now I think it stinks.

That's a disagree with tongue in cheek? Yes they take a lot because they're undisciplined.

But the rest of my statement is true. Don't play shitty football and you might not lose.. Stafford call happens and the Lions suddenly aren't winners.. That's the problem I see with some on here, "if that was called, we win." Or he throws a pick on the next play.

No way to can say if this happens that happens..

Yep, tongue in cheek. They took an assload of penalties.. because they actually committed an assload of penalties.

Yeah living in vegas was great in the late 80' and 90's.. not many lions games on tv and the Wolverines beat some good teams every now and then.

I agree with a good portion of what you say here. The NFL is hurting it's product with the way games are controlled by the refs. PI on almost every play it seems. If the rules are so slanted against the defenders that they can't cover anyone then maybe the competition committee needs to adjust what is PI. Unacceptable that its still a spot foul. It's a 15 yard penalty for intentionally going after a QB's knees....which is season/career ending dangerous.....or because a DE brushes a QB's helmet trying to knock down a pass.....but could be 40+ yards because a defender might get his hand up a second early on a deep pass??? REALLY???

Why is EVERY penalty against the defense an automatic 1st down?? If its 3rd and 20 and a defender gets caught holding at the LOS.....AUTOMATIC 1st down?!?!?!? I could understand a 5 yard penalty and replay the down.....but the offense never crossed the first down line.....why should they get an automatic 1st down??

I also very much dislike the way the NFL wont allow end zone celebrations anymore. I get it, they don't want this crazy orchestrated routine......but man some of those old school celebrations were awesome. The old Oilers with the grenade that knocked everyone down....that was fucking classic. I don't mind it at all as long as it's not profane or sexually dirty.....as those don't belong in a football game either. The NFL is entertainment.....let the players entertain.

Cant wear different shoes......can't slam dunk over the goal post......cant review judgement calls (which are some of the most important calls made). The fact that there is no possible way to look at a call like the one against Ebron is ridiculous to me.

Either way..... I will watch weekly and enjoy going to games with my boys......but its getting worse, not better.

Why is EVERY penalty against the defense an automatic 1st down?? If its 3rd and 20 and a defender gets caught holding at the LOS.....AUTOMATIC 1st down?!?!?!? I could understand a 5 yard penalty and replay the down.....but the offense never crossed the first down line.....why should they get an automatic 1st down??

If it were just 5 yards the defense would just hold on every down hoping they wouldn't get caught. They would have 4 chances to hold the opponent before they got 20 yards.

Can't watch the game then bashes the team and comes up with CRAZY observations like you DID actually watch the game.... Don't think you can talk much about the penalties when the only plays you saw of the game were on red zone...

Bye Felecia, if this is what FINALLY was the straw that broke the camels back.... IDK how the fuck you've lasted this long...

If it were just 5 yards the defense would just hold on every down hoping they wouldn't get caught. They would have 4 chances to hold the opponent before they got 20 yards.

Then don't put yourself in 3rd and 20.

Problem solved.

Can't watch the game then bashes the team and comes up with CRAZY observations like you DID actually watch the game.... Don't think you can talk much about the penalties when the only plays you saw of the game were on red zone...

Huh? For one, I don't get the game. 2nd, who was bashing? I mention some plays I saw on highlights and yeah, Redzone. Not sure what you're talking about..

Back