Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Giants advance again

biggunsbob

And Detroit Tigers sit at home. Damn it all Giants are so clutch unlike us and it pisses me off lol..

The Giants have a nice balanced roster. They only have 2 position players that make over $14M a year and only one starter that makes $10M or more a year. They have a $181M payroll but the way they spread it out allows them to create a complete team.

The Tigers have 3 pitchers that make over $10M a year (they average $20M a season) and they have 4 position players that make $14M or more a year.

Giants are, again, an oddity. .633 WP at the ASG, .581 pythW-L. After the ASG .417 WP and .518 pyth W-L.

So they are a 90-72 pythW-L team.

Giants are, again, an oddity. .633 WP at the ASG, .581 pythW-L. After the ASG .417 WP and .518 pyth W-L.

So they are a 90-72 pythW-L team.

Not sure what some of that means, but it is an even numbered year, so don't bet against the Giants.

The Giants have a nice balanced roster. They only have 2 position players that make over $14M a year and only one starter that makes $10M or more a year. They have a $181M payroll but the way they spread it out allows them to create a complete team.

The Tigers have 3 pitchers that make over $10M a year (they average $20M a season) and they have 4 position players that make $14M or more a year.

You're falsely equating earnings with ability. This has little to do with payroll/money.

The Tigers have higher paid players, some of whom performed up to that value some did not. But we also got a lot of value from players making league minimum. (Fulmer, Norris)

The idea that players earning similar pay are also somehow similarly skilled, or balanced, is just not true at all.

You're falsely equating earnings with ability. This has little to do with payroll/money.

The Tigers have higher paid players, some of whom performed up to that value some did not. But we also got a lot of value from players making league minimum. (Fulmer, Norris)

The idea that players earning similar pay are also somehow similarly skilled, or balanced, is just not true at all.

when you don't have too much money wrapped up in a few players, it gives you the flexibility to create a more balanced roster. This is what the Giants have done over the past 8-10 years and they have won several WS titles.

when you don't have too much money wrapped up in a few players, it gives you the flexibility to create a more balanced roster. This is what the Giants have done over the past 8-10 years and they have won several WS titles.

They certainly don't play better than Detroit during the season.. Just in the post season. Not sure how that works in favor of a balanced roster (payroll). Or they'd be winning 100 games every season. And the Tigers have gotten to two WS in the last 10 years.. And Detroit even won more division titles..

I guess I don't see unless you're saying a balance roster only kicks in once you GET to a WS.

You're still not understanding. Balanced payroll has nothing to do with balanced talent.

That's good glad cubs are winning . Still the 3 world series titles in last 5 or 6 seasons is something. Wish we had that ..

My dad is a huge Indians fan. He's a sore loser and even a worse winner. All that said...I still hope the Indians win for the old man.

A Cubs' collapse now would be proof that external forces are at play in their failure to win a WS.

My dad is a huge Indians fan. He's a sore loser and even a worse winner. All that said...I still hope the Indians win for the old man.

Amazingly, CLE is my favorite to win as well. At least they need to eliminate Boston.

Of the teams left. Man SF sure knows how to build a crapy teams . Wish tigers were this scrapy. Come on cubs finish them off!!!

Cubs
Washington
Indians
Jays
LA
SF

San Francisco after last night elimination game win has won 10 of those games in a row and are on the way to number 11.

I am trying to jinx them lol ..!!!!!

Last edited:
Now They are .. man what a 9th by the Cubs !!!! Can they hold on !!

Last edited:
Holy cow cow Chapman 's 100 + mph is so effortless.

Belts a low ball hitter be careful.

1-2 count ..waste a pitch.

Or throw evert pitch over 100 mph lol..

Ties the Largest post season 9th inning comeback I think they said in mlb history in a clinching game . Down 5-2 cubs dail up a 4 spot in the 9th.pretty amazing . GIants clinching streak ends at 10.

3 run ninth inning comebacks . Three happened 3 times in the 1986 post season.

Last edited:
Does the San Francisco manager-is his name Bruce Boesche? - does he smoke the way Jimmy Smokes does?

He sure talks like he does.

Back