Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Baseballs final four

biggunsbob

Who are you rooting for ?

Dodgers at Cubs.
Jays at Indians.

Fuck Toronto and the Indians. The Dodgers...meh, LA teams. Blah.

I hope the Cubs finally get a win.

Do NOT want another AL Central team winning so fuck the indians.
They won in 1920 and 1948,

Go blue jays, until they get to the world series, then I hope they lose.

I'm going National League this year.

As obnoxious as alot of their fans are, the Cubs haven't won in over a century,

always liked the Dodgers with Sandy Koufax, and before Duke Snider.

-Only time I'd ever root for Cubs is if they were playing the Yankees in the WS. That's how much I hate them.
-Despise the Indians and do not want the Tigers to have the longest drought in the division
-Somewhat dislike the Dodgers
-Don't mind the Blue Jays, probably my favorite team in the AL East so rooting for them without a doubt.

Unfortunately I think the Cubs will break their curse this year. Just loaded all around.

I am split between the Cubs and Indians. The Cubs are my oldest son's team.

Why all the hate for Cubs fans? I get the hate for the ChiSux, but I've never had a bad experience with a Cub fan. Never really cared for the team, but out of the 4 left, they're easily the most tolerable.

I'm just glad Boston, NYY, Stl, ChiSux, Twins, and SF are not in it.

I am going to root for the tribe for three reasons. 1st maybe the Tigers get there act together and build a team of 25 players that fit there ball park!
2nd The Tribe are a Central division team and are closer to the Tigers. That means the Tigers are just a step away from a WS. But they have not cashed in before.
3rd The Tribe are from the Midwest. I'm not a great fan of the Jays this season.

BTW as for building a team. The way these playoffs have gone. The bull pens have factored into the games more than the starters have. Heck they are even using starters as relievers. Tigers bull pen needs to be up graded as much as any thing the Tigers need to do. Bull Pens have been winning in the post season.
And really getting younger and cheaper is going to be a problem for some time with the Tigers committed to so many dollars to too few "older players". No one is going to take on Pelfrey 8 mill,(almost unusable); Sanchez (unreliable) 16 mill, Upton 22.12 mill,(iffy)need the right team; Verlander 28 MILLION now,2017,2018,2019, have to go to a BIG MONEY/playoff WS starved, team that needs pitching Bosox ,Yank, Texas ?, Giants?,Nats ??; Cabrera's 28 MILLION and 30 and 32 M's coming. DH Boston?; Zimmerman (injury) 18 Mill and his ballooning contract, Victor 18 mill two more seasons Healthy move him now?!,DH Boston?; Kinsler is now cheap at 11 mill ? O yea plus 5 mill for Fielder Till 2020!!!!! That means the Tigers are in for 16 mil for Kinsler in 2017, 15 in 2018 or buy our of 10 M's That trade is starting to count up. But at least the Tigers have a player playing. Yea 10 mil of Fielder's money is pay out in 2019 and 2020. No mater how you look at this trade it is going to hurt the Tigers for some time, money wise. player wise doing better than the Rangers. Lowe is not a big one but 5.5 mill for what he gave is too much. And as I said before Tigers have too improved in the Bull Pen to compete in the PLAY OFFS. The mix and match is big then! Poor job in the season = worst in play offs against the better teams in post season!
Start building a balanced 25 man roster. that what I'm a hearing in the post game interviews, from the winning team's players. It takes team mates to win the game.

Why all the hate for Cubs fans? I get the hate for the ChiSux, but I've never had a bad experience with a Cub fan. Never really cared for the team, but out of the 4 left, they're easily the most tolerable.

I'm just glad Boston, NYY, Stl, ChiSux, Twins, and SF are not in it.

The Cubs sucked for years and still sold Wrigley out all the time. The Indians can't sell out even when they're a great team.

I agree, why hate on Cubs fans? At least they show up.

Just imagine, if Cleveland wins the Tigers will have the longest championship draught in the division. And they wonder why fans are so negative

Most Cubs fans I have ever encountered are loudmouth obnoxious douches that have an arrogance about them that I can't figure out. You have arguably the worst franchise in sports, what is there to be arrogant about? The other half of fans are dullards and are fans because they think it's cute to say "I'm a Cubs fan, we haven't won a World Series in 108 years."

Also how can I forget the Bartman thing alone is a big enough reason to hate those rats. I bet the bulk of their fans honestly still 13 years later believe he was in the wrong and cost them.

Last edited:

Same for me, if the Tigers can't have it I don't want all the others in the div to have it..bad enough the the royals getting one again first now if Cleveland does to, I don't think I could take it. I'm pulling for the cubs, let's move the lions into the top longest sports title drought spot!

http://www.theonion.com/infographic/longest-championship-droughts-sports-history-54181

As the Chicago Cubs enter the NLCS seeking their first World Series title since 1908, Onion Sports examines the most notable championship droughts in history.

Detroit Lions (1957-Present):

The NFL franchise was famously cursed with 50 years of bad luck in 1958, which means all of their losses since 2008 have just been their own goddamn fault

Atlanta Hawks (1958-Present):

A second championship has eluded the franchise ever since the NBA?s expansion in 1961 forced them to compete with a ninth team

Chicago Cubs (1908-Present):

A streak that many White Sox fans have fortunately died without ever seeing end

Spencer Gore (1877-Present):

Nearly 140 years after winning the very first tournament at Wimbledon, Gore has yet to repeat his success

San Diego Padres (1969-Present):

The Padres have the distinction of holding the longest championship drought that no one gives a shit about

New Orleans Saints (1967-2010):

The Saints won only one of the four Super Bowls necessary to fully heal New Orleans after the devastation of Hurricane Katrina

Boston Red Sox (1918-2004):

The team?s 86-year ?Curse of the Bambino? was finally reversed in 2004 with the black magic of sabermetrics

The City of Minneapolis (1991-Present):

No Minneapolis franchise has claimed a championship in 25 years, excluding three, maybe four WNBA titles

University of Alabama Football (2015-Present):

After going 21 months without a national championship, many Crimson Tide fans are beginning to lose faith that they?ll ever win one again

Cleveland Browns (1964-2032):

The Browns? drought is expected to end after 68 years with the formal dissolution of the NFL

WS Last 60 years

CLE = 0 (1948)

DET = 2 (1984, 1968)

WS Last 30 years

MIN = 2 (1991, 1987)

CHW = 1 (2005)

KCR = 2 (2015, 1985)

Back