Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

When Jim Lost It

So was this:

woody-disapproves-o.gif

So was this:

woody-disapproves-o.gif

Agree. Combustible personalities, both. And I'm good with the passion. Such passion is rare. Recall, however, that Woody was eventually fired.

Agree. Combustible personalities, both. And I'm good with the passion. Such passion is rare. Recall, however, that Woody was eventually fired.

I think Jim has a bit more time left before he goes senile and punches an opposing player in the face. RIP Charlie Bauman.

Art Schlister

Art was a betting machine at the Scioto Downs race track where my cousins worked and they often took his money personally (they were window workers). He lost thousands and thousands while in college. No red flags here. Not even when Earle Bruce accompanied Art TO THE RACE TRACK. Not even after the OSU and Columbus police expressed concern to the OSU athletic department, which said there was not enough evidence to investigate and report to the NCAA.

Imagine if this lack of intervention had adversely affected others in Art's life after college. I shudder at the possibilities.

Without question, Art is a low-down, dirty-rotten, gambling-addicted scoundrel. The only thing left for him, I think, is to be a referee.

Last edited:
Without question, Art is a low-down, dirty-rotten, gambling-addicted scoundrel. The only thing left for him, I think, is to be a referee.

Not judging a man with an obvious addiction so much as I am condemning the institution he represented for being more concerned about its football team's wins than with Schliester's personal losses.

Last edited:
Not judging a man with an obvious addiction so much as I am condemning the institution he represented for being more concerned about its football team's wins than with Schliester's personal losses.

I understand.

The first-hand stories from my cousins regarding his betting habits and the company he was keeping were rather amazing and uncomfortable to witness.

Do you still have family in the area?

Back