Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Heisman Finalists

Its nice to see the 4th best player on his own defense be a Heisman finalist.

Don't get me wrong. I think Peppers is a terrific talent and bona fide first round pick. I don't get that he's a Heisman finalist, however. Michigan loyalty aside, do you think his inclusion is warranted? And if so, does it speak to the weakness of the field?

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...ppers-deshaun-watson-dede-westbrook/95006274/

He's a finalist because whoever picks the finalists picked him as a finalist.

He's not going to win and the only person here who cares whether he's a finalist or not is you.

I would have had Jake Browning instead of Peppers, but it is nice to have a Big 10 rep there.

Jackson should run away with it. His stats are off the charts.

3300 yards passing, 30 TDs and 9 INTs

1500 yards rushing, 21 TDs

Before the season started, I didn't think he'd win, but I thought he might be invited.

Mid-season, I didn't think he'd win, but I thought it was clear that he deserved to be invited.

After the Iowa and OSU games, I'm not terribly surprised he was invited, but I also wouldn't have been shocked if he wasn't. He is a dominating force against lesser teams allowing the entire defense to be more aggressive, but for the Heisman, you really need to do something special to turn the tide in the big game.

Back