Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Swanson dealing with a brain injury

I know but according to the article he was grading out to a top 10 center. Just hurts the depth I guess .

Last edited:
Swanson?s injury is the most concerning, both in the short term and long term. After suffering a concussion at some point during the Saints game, Swanson missed the final five games, including Detroit?s playoff contest against the Seahawks.
Though Swanson made progress and eventually returned to practice, he was still not able to get back into the starting lineup, suggesting this was a severe concussion.

Concussions have forced many players to retire at an early age, and that was understandably a concern with Swanson among many, but by Swanson?s demeanor in the locker room, that doesn?t appear to be part of his plan going forward:
Travis Swanson said he'll keep his health "to myself." Said he's excited for next year.
Obviously, concussions tend to be injuries that can reappear during one?s football career, so that is something to keep an eye on going forward.
But, for now, it appears Swanson is content continuing his football career.

For his sake, I hope he has been living frugally like Broyles did. This guy isn't going to make it in this league much longer. He has to make it through next season in order to get that second contract. Big risk when you are messing with your brain.

One concussion wont end his career. He seemed positive on coming back. We have been burned before. Of course once he satrted playing well this would happen

One concussion wont end his career. He seemed positive on coming back. We have been burned before. Of course once he satrted playing well this would happen

A concussion that keeps you out for 5 weeks is something to worry about.

A concussion that keeps you out for 5 weeks is something to worry about.

Many players have had concussions that long and come back. Some haven't when they had multiple concussions. Swanson seemed like he was coming back per his quotes but we will see.

They have Glasgow so Lions still in good shape.

Many players have had concussions that long and come back. Some haven't when they had multiple concussions. Swanson seemed like he was coming back per his quotes but we will see.

They have Glasgow so Lions still in good shape.

He/Glasgow is a rookie, and thankfully to his versatility, (a trait of many Patriots players which Quinn is looking for with the Lions), he was able to fill in at center. He had some ups and downs, which you expect from a first year player. Should improve at center going into next year if or when they need him. Key of course is Swanson can return at 100%.

In order for it to be "great depth", those players actually have to be good.

Tomlinson is horrible. No stats will back you up that he's any good. He shouldn't be starting for any NFL team.

This isn't your typical concussion where you get back after a few days or less. If I was him I'm not sure I'd even go back and play at this point.

LOL. He's fine. Many players have multiple game concussions and come back.

He played well in 12 games he played in 2016. Glad we got a good center.

k, lets level set here before people actually think we have a good center:

2015: Sucked all year
2016: Was ok for first half of the year, but the run game wasnt successful so im not sure how you can really quantify that. Then he was injured for most of the second half of the year.

Who cares. He had a long Concussion. Another could destroy him. Fuck man, is that all you care about that he's in a Lions uniform.

"Many players have multiple concussions and come back."

As long as they are putting on the uniform and making you happy, that's all that matters.

Back