Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Stafford tore ligaments in finger

I think there is a zero % chance stafford sits next week. He takes great pride in playing every game, and Believe it or not is currently 12th all time in Consecutive starts made by a QB (at 95 straight). I mean this is the same dude who went into a game after having his shoulder destroyed vs Cleveland.

It would take the Lions medical / coaching staff locking him in a closet to keep him off the field. And I don't buy that Ruddock or End zone Dan would give this team a better shot at winning than Stafford does, bum finger and all.

Just saw on ESPN that Caldwell has already said that Stafford will play this weekend. Hopefully Stafford plays out of his mind despite the injury. Giants defense is scary good at times, but if we can limit mistakes and force Eli into a bad decision or two, who knows. Go Lions

Detroit only needs to beat the Packers at home to clinch the division.

Just start Rudock on the road the next two games-Lions are heavy road dogs in both-and bring back a healed Stafford to beat the Pack.

I like it, they should do that.

beat the giants and i think we make the playoffs without a division title. Id start him vs the G-men then sit him the rest.

The question is though....will sitting him even help anything? If they are torn ligaments that need surgery to repair then sitting him for a couple weeks arent goign to fix that. Might help with some of the pain.....but the functionality of the finger isnt goign to improve.

Giants offense scores 19.6 PPG. Lions defense needs to step up again. They held 7 opponents under 20 now. Lions are 10th in PPG allowed. That is a great job by Austin considering the Slay, Levy and Ansah injuries this season.

Giants D is really good against pass and run. However, no JPP but they just held Cowboys to 7. Lions will need weapons to step up with YAC and another 100 rush day like they had against Bears.

Weather will be in play with the injury. Hopefully it's closer to 40 than 20 with little wind.

Last edited:
Stafford says finger not as bad as finger injury in 2011, may not need to wear glove on Sunday

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/n...ons-matthew-stafford-injury-history/95356666/

Methinks that Stafford is blowing smoke up the media's ass, and he will be wearing a glove next Sunday @ Giants, not only to reduce his dislocated tip of his middle-finger's sensitivity to sub-freezing temps and ice-cold footballs, but also to help protect it from being hit directly or indirectly by opposing defenders, who will be trying to sack him and/or strip the football.

Last edited:
Methinks that Stafford is blowing smoke up the media's ass, and he will be wearing a glove next Sunday @ Giants, not only to reduce his dislocated tip of his middle-finger's sensitivity to sub-freezing temps and ice-cold footballs, but also to help protect it from being hit directly or indirectly by opposing defenders, who will be trying to sack him and/or strip the football.

Weather.com app says it is supposed to be 55? and rain on Sunday in NY. It's better than snow, but the wet football will still be harder to grip!

Weather.com app says it is supposed to be 55? and rain on Sunday in NY. It's better than snow, but the wet football will still be harder to grip!

That's pretty warm for this time of year in New York. Forecast for Los Angeles is only a few degrees warmer.

Bench Stafford??? Lmao.......ummmmmm....errrrrrr.......dippityderp. I'm speechless lol

Shortly after I heard about the injury I was thinking that it would be nice if they could make a custom glove where only the middle finger is covered. I'm glad to see the Lions equopment staff had the same idea and were actually able to pull it off.

http://www.prideofdetroit.com/2016/...-one-fingered-glove-looks-fine-throwing-video
Matthew Stafford injury update: Lions quarterback sporting one-fingered glove at practice.
Beat reporters say he ?looks fine? throwing the ball.
PrideOfDetroit

UPDATE: Former Chargers head doctor, David Chao?who we talked about earlier in the week?thinks this is great news for Stafford: Support on dorsal (back of hand/finger) side.
Allows for grip on ventral (palm) side.#MatthewStafford will play with minimal limitation.

Shortly after I heard about the injury I was thinking that it would be nice if they could make a custom glove where only the middle finger is covered. I'm glad to see the Lions equopment staff had the same idea and were actually able to pull it off.

I don't understand why I've never seen this done before or why they don't have gloves like this for any given finger injury sitting in their equipment rooms.

I don't understand why I've never seen this done before or why they don't have gloves like this for any given finger injury sitting in their equipment rooms.

Probably because it's a rare injury is my guess. A team isn't going to invest in a shitload of gloves that more than likely will not even be touched.

Probably because it's a rare injury is my guess. A team isn't going to invest in a shitload of gloves that more than likely will not even be touched.

Youd think fingers on throwing hands are dinged up a ton.

Back