Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Gophers players to boycott Bowl Game

At this point, Minnesota's administration should pull out of the bowl game anyway.s No matter how this plays out, with all these players stonewalling the investigation, they just shouldn't go.

10 players suspended for gang bang in September. Team threatened to boycott the bowl game unless the players are reinstated.

http://www.startribune.com/gophers-football-players-plan-to-threaten-boycott-of-bowl-game/406928136/

While not every gal's cup of tea, a gang bang is universally understood to be a group sexual activity where all parties give consent:

From the Urban Dictionary:

When multiple partners, usually 3 or more, engage in sexual intercourse with a single willing partner. (If partner is unwilling it is called gang rape).

"My husband invited some friends over to watch football on Saturday and with his permission I allowed them to gangbang me"

From the link:

Some of the players were directly accused by a female student in an alleged sexual assault in the early morning hours after the Gophers? Sept. 2 season opener; the involvement of others is unclear. The school discipline comes weeks after a criminal investigation resulted in no arrests or charges. The woman?s allegations were documented through police reports and court testimony, and ultimately led to the EOAA investigation.

So why were there no charges brought? Did the police find the woman's accusations to be without warrant?

yeah, my understanding is it was not a gang bang (which is okay), but an unlawful sexual assault.

in this case it sounds like it was handled inappropriately, but I don't know all the facts. if the players are boycotting because their teammates sexually assaulted some woman, well that's messed up. I'd boot all of them from the team. but if they were suspended just for taking part in a gangbang? well, they sound like a group of true American patriots.

When I was in college, a friend of mine claimed to have watched a video of a gang bang involving several Michigan football players and a female volleyball player.

I guess I used the wrong term. However, even if it were a "gang bang" where she consented, if they filmed it without her consent and distributed it later...wouldn't that be illegal?

I guess I used the wrong term. However, even if it were a "gang bang" where she consented, if they filmed it without her consent and distributed it later...wouldn't that be illegal?

I think it would...didn't Rob Lowe get into some trouble for that some years ago?

Are you talking about the Minnesota situation, or MichChamp's story about the Michigan football team and the volley ball player? I didn't read anything about any video of the Minnesota event.

I think it would...didn't Rob Lowe get into some trouble for that some years ago?

Are you talking about the Minnesota situation, or MichChamp's story about the Michigan football team and the volley ball player? I didn't read anything about any video of the Minnesota event.

The MN thing

I think Lowe got in trouble because of the age of the girls..

So, a gang bang is "okay?" No, it's not. Consent is not a rationale for making it so. I bet that the parties involved in the Michigan incident desperately wish today they had never "consented."

So, a gang bang is "okay?" No, it's not. Consent is not a rationale for making it so. I bet that the parties involved in the Michigan incident desperately wish today they had never "consented."

Consent makes it not rape or a crime.

The law doesn't view morality as absolute based on a specific belief system.

Maybe the people in Michigan regret the event; if it even actually happened at all, I don't know.

I'm not going to check post, but it was basically "somebody said somebody said somebody knew someone who said they had watched a video of this."

Consent makes it not rape or a crime.

The law doesn't view morality as absolute based on a specific belief system.

Maybe the people in Michigan regret the event; if it even actually happened at all, I don't know.

I'm not going to check post, but it was basically "somebody said somebody said somebody knew someone who said they had watched a video of this."

MC said a "gang bang" was "okay." I disagree.

by "okay" I mean "legal."

but personally I have no problem with consenting adults engaging in gang bangs because it's their own business.

Any adults?

Yes, any "Consenting adults" ... meaning those able to understand the consequences of their actions and make a meaningful decision to engage in them. so not anyone who is incapacitated, or mentally ill/handicapped.

it's a free country. right?

Last edited by a moderator:
also, I have no idea if the Michigan football story is true, but it came from a reputable source. and was probably not that crazy in the scheme of things... even the 3rd string / walk-on guys I knew had girls throwing themselves at them all 4 years.

also, I have no idea if the Michigan football story is true, but it came from a reputable source. and was probably not that crazy in the scheme of things... even the 3rd string / walk-on guys I knew had girls throwing themselves at them all 4 years.

I did some crazy shit when I was college age and I was pretty much any old Joe.

I was a stage actor/singer/dancer and in the Glee Club; I guess there were some coeds for whom that was their thing.

I never did anything quite like described in the video, though. That actually sounds kind of gross to me.

But a lot of people have some wild times in college; you don't have to be on the football team for that.

I did some crazy shit when I was college age and I was pretty much any old Joe.

I was a stage actor/singer/dancer and in the Glee Club; I guess there were some coeds for whom that was their thing.

I never did anything quite like described in the video, though. That actually sounds kind of gross to me.

But a lot of people have some wild times in college; you don't have to be on the football team for that.

true, true.

also, that guy said in another video on the same tape he watched, two other football guys were doing the same volleyball girl, and they put a pizza box on her back and started eating pizza at the same time they were doing her.

Man, those football guys...

the guy who told me all this eventually became a nuclear engineer. I wonder what he's up to these days? designing nuclear reactors, and watching gang bangs for old times sake. probably.

Back