Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Jeff Sessions coming War on Marijuana

biggunsbob

Last edited:
http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2016/12/jeff-sessions-coming-war-on-legal-marijuana-214501

I think Trump may end up leaving this up to Sessions so he has some political cover but only time will tell I guess. The article did say Trump said "the people voted for it".
That was in colorado which he also said had problems. I do not think it should be listed as a schedule one drug in my opinion.

Yeah, that's the problem, and no one seems to know who gets to make that call...

The original scheduling was included in the statute The Controlled Substances Act, which apparently left any changes in scheduling to the DEA and the FDA...I thought I had read that the FDA had made a determination what schedule cannabis should be on, but deferred the final decision to the DEA, whose most recent determination was to keep it as Schedule I.

Sounds like huge federal verses state battles are coming soon.

Last edited:
it's too early yet to say for sure, but yes it is a real concern...i'm confident he'll lay off the medical just not sure about the rec.

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/12/19/why-pot-industry-will-keep-growing-under-trump-commentary.html

The problem with even medical is what kind of health does someone need to have? If I have a sore back, or ankle injured I get weed? And for how long? It no doubt differs by state but what is the length? What if your pain goes away yet your subscription last for a year? I don't know just asking.

I do understand that opiates, which turn to Heroin, is not good and weed might alleviate it but I just don't want my neighbor's smoking pot where I can smell it..

The problem with even medical is what kind of health does someone need to have? If I have a sore back, or ankle injured I get weed? And for how long? It no doubt differs by state but what is the length? What if your pain goes away yet your subscription last for a year? I don't know just asking.

I do understand that opiates, which turn to Heroin, is not good and weed might alleviate it but I just don't want my neighbor's smoking pot where I can smell it..

It needs to be treated just like alcohol, driving while stoned, illegal and treated just has harshly as a DUI. Prohibition didn't work neither has keeping this illegal. The 40+ years War on drugs has been an utter failure if trump goes the wrong way on this he will be voted out in 4 years. mark it

If you can smell your neighbors smoke call it in let them be fined. I support the legalization movement and say this has someone whom isn't a user and knows someone whom has had family killed by someone while driving under the influence of medical pot. The answer isn't make it illegal, the answer is punish the SOB who was dumb enough to get in his truck stoned! just as it is with alcohol. you're not going to make anything better by keeping it illegal. It just leads to even more death.

Last edited:
It needs to be treated just like alcohol, driving while stoned, illegal and treated just has harshly as a DUI. Prohibition didn't work neither has keeping this illegal. The 40+ years War on drugs has been an utter failure if trump goes the wrong way on this he will be voted out in 4 years. mark it

If you can smell your neighbors smoke call it in let them be fined. I say this has someone whom isn't a user and knows someone whom has had family killed by someone while driving under the influence of medical pot. The answer isn't make it illegal, the answer is punish the SOB who was dumb enough to get in his truck stoned! just as it is with alcohol. you're not going to make anything better by keeping it illegal. It just leads to even more death.

From what I understand one of the big reason's why Arizona voted it down was because of not being illegal while driving etc.

Last edited:
From what I understand one of the big reason's why Arizona voted it down was because of not being illegal while driving etc.

That's not right then, IMO it should definitely be illegal while driving. They were right to turn it down then on that account.

In California you could get medical weed for pretty much anything you claimed ailed you.

We just made it legal for recreational use here in California; I don't know exactly what that's going to look for like. I guess I would've preferred if we had just kept it medical; that's legal enough for me.

If you live in a house you really shouldn't be able to smell your neighbors weed if they're smoking in their house for medical purposes. If you live in a multiunit and you can smell your neighbor pot, Let them know and politely request that they switch to edibles.

That's not right then, IMO it should definitely be illegal while driving. They were right to turn it down then on that account.

It is already illegal to drive when under the influence of anything that impairs one's ability to drive safely.

apparently it is in AZ

It's illegal in every state.

I think every state has a measurement of alcohol underneath which one is not considered to be impaired by alcohol.

I think if a person is impaired to any degree by anything else it's against the law.

In California you could get medical weed for pretty much anything you claimed ailed you.

We just made it legal for recreational use here in California; I don't know exactly what that's going to look for like. I guess I would've preferred if we had just kept it medical; that's legal enough for me.

If you live in a house you really shouldn't be able to smell your neighbors weed if they're smoking in their house for medical purposes. If you live in a multiunit and you can smell your neighbor pot, Let them know and politely request that they switch to edibles.

hey, this post reminds me of zyxt, as maybe you intended.

I wonder what he's up to?

I wonder if he voted for Trump? I don't think he would have.

I wonder if he's mellowed out any.

hey, this post reminds me of zyxt, as maybe you intended.

I wonder what he's up to?

I wonder if he voted for Trump? I don't think he would have.

I wonder if he's mellowed out any.

I wasn't thinking of it but yeah, now that you mention it, I remember he used to bitch about not wanting to get a contact buzz from the smell of weed.

It's more if I'm on my patio, he's on his. I smell his cigarettes though I figure weed would be the same. And I'm not talking about a contact buzz but just not wanting to smell it..

Last edited:
It's illegal in every state.

I think every state has a measurement of alcohol underneath which one is not considered to be impaired by alcohol.

I think if a person is impaired to any degree by anything else it's against the law.

If weed was allowed here it would be against the law (driving) but they couldn't do anything to them.. at least from what I read.

Oh wait... I guess I am right sadly. I hope Colorado and it's 1 billion dollar business in weed tells Sessions to take a hike.

Last edited:
Back