Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Jeff Sessions coming War on Marijuana

Spending money on a fight that the majority of people want is just plain stupid . Nice Job Donny T. Hopefully the states will win . It's just a nobrainer to legalize it and tax the piss out if it.

Last edited:
If you live in a house you really shouldn't be able to smell your neighbors weed if they're smoking in their house for medical purposes. If you live in a multiunit and you can smell your neighbor pot, Let them know and politely request that they switch to edibles.

All of this. If your real fear is legitimately just not wanting to smell it or be exposed to it, you really don't have much to worry about. Most people I know that smoke medicinally are very considerate. Nobody outside of 3 or 4 people know my Dad uses it for his back pains because he treats it like the Vicodin he used to take prior. Not something that should be paraded about.

Session's is the big player here. If he tells Trump ti go after it DT probably will sadly as he has no real thoughts of his own on big issues. Maybe I am wrong and Trump will do a 180 and do what the people want.

Agree

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...uana-industry-angered-by-white-house-reversal

Spicer really sent the sector a blaze yesterday with his comments. Billions wiped out in the blink of an eye, just plain stupid. 71% polled say if state has passed it leave them alone! You're either for states rights or your not, you can't be for it only for those things you agree with Trumps. Do the right thing here trumps

Last edited:
now Jefferson Beauregard Sessions' latest openly racist hit job was dismissing the DOJ's investigations of police abuse in Ferguson, MO & Chicago as "anecdotal evidence"... which is not true. Both reports compiled mountains of statistics on arrest reports and police violence. The Chicago report showed police violence was overwhelmingly directed toward African Americans.

when pressed, the Confederate Lost Causer, who is a lifelong racist and all around odious person admitted he hadn't even read either report.

he's making a big show of humping the "law and order" line... but as the Chicago report showed, not only are the results of policing totally targeting minorities with violence and profiling, but these tactics aren't even effective. the same report showed the Chicago PD is one of the worst, if not the worst among major cities in terms of clearing murder cases, which is only getting worse as violent crime in the neglected (African American majority) south and west sides continues to increase.

There's an obvious need for leadership and reform and it's clearly not going to come from the Chicago PD or Mayor's office; the feds need to intervene, but with a tool like Sessions at the helm, there is no hope for leadership, nor any reason to expect he has the spine to stand up to the cops. he'll continue weakly allowing thid abuse to go on, while arguing he's bravely standing up for the police. nothing brave about that...

Last edited by a moderator:
there's a documentary on Netflix about weed & the feds continuing war on it. forget what its called. It's obviously slanted, but it did contain a lot of references to statistics to make its points.

the point i found most interesting was that the overwhelming amount of drug crimes and efforts are involved in the criminalization of weed. I figured it was just one of many criminalized drugs, but apparently the lions share of arrests and policing efforts (i.e. police budgets...) are involved in marijuana trafficking and crime. If this was to go away, the DEA and a lot of the for-profit prison budgets across the country would be on the chopping block. local police agencies also stand to lose a lot from their bullshit "asset forfeiture" budgets if the could no longer seize assets based on a person having a joint in their car. or even just smelling like weed. or a drug dog returning a false positive before a search.

it's an ugly business. common sense plays no role in the making of policy here; it's all greed and power-mongering from the feds.

Last edited:

it's an ugly business. common sense plays no role in the making of policy here; it's all greed and power-mongering from the feds.

I made this point on the "Trump's First Big Mistake" thread.

The DEA could change the schedule of marijuana and make it legal to be prescribed as medication any time it wanted to.

now Jefferson Beauregard Sessions' latest openly racist hit job was dismissing the DOJ's investigations of police abuse in Ferguson, MO & Chicago as "anecdotal evidence"... which is not true. Both reports compiled mountains of statistics on arrest reports and police violence. The Chicago report showed police violence was overwhelmingly directed toward African Americans.

when pressed, the Confederate Lost Causer, who is a lifelong racist and all around odious person admitted he hadn't even read either report.

he's making a big show of humping the "law and order" line... but as the Chicago report showed, not only are the results of policing totally targeting minorities with violence and profiling, but these tactics aren't even effective. the same report showed the Chicago PD is one of the worst, if not the worst among major cities in terms of clearing murder cases, which is only getting worse as violent crime in the neglected (African American majority) south and west sides continues to increase.

There's an obvious need for leadership and reform and it's clearly not going to come from the Chicago PD or Mayor's office; the feds need to intervene, but with a tool like Sessions at the helm, there is no hope for leadership, nor any reason to expect he has the spine to stand up to the cops. he'll continue weakly allowing thid abuse to go on, while arguing he's bravely standing up for the police. nothing brave about that...

I told Sbee the same thing when he posted the excerpts from the report - it was purely anecdotal. The "mountain" of statistics are weak at best and don't prove the Ferguson police are racist. Apparently, requiring data and actual proof rather than anecdotes and correlations nowadays is openly racist. And someone who filed multiple desegregation lawsuits in Alabama as the US Attorney, voted in favor of the extension of the Civil Rights Act, voted to confirm Eric Holder for AG and spearheaded the effort to award Rosa Parks the Congressional Gold Medal among many other Civil Rights actions, is apparently, a life-long racist. Classic michchamp, "disagree with me or vote in a way I don't approve - then you're a racist!"

I told Sbee the same thing when he posted the excerpts from the report - it was purely anecdotal. The "mountain" of statistics are weak at best and don't prove the Ferguson police are racist. Apparently, requiring data and actual proof rather than anecdotes and correlations nowadays is openly racist. And someone who filed multiple desegregation lawsuits in Alabama as the US Attorney, voted in favor of the extension of the Civil Rights Act, voted to confirm Eric Holder for AG and spearheaded the effort to award Rosa Parks the Congressional Gold Medal among many other Civil Rights actions, is apparently, a life-long racist. Classic michchamp, "disagree with me or vote in a way I don't approve - then you're a racist!"

Novel concept..... Make it easier for everyone to vote.!!!!

Something the rebulicans just can't have and do not want. Prove that is not the case in what this DOJ is doing now under Jeff Sessions right now. Goodluck.

Last edited:
Novel concept..... Make it easier for everyone to vote.!!!!

Something the rebulicans just can't have and do not want. Prove that is not the case in what this DOJ is doing now under Jeff Sessions right now. Goodluck.

how about you prove that it is? or are you just making more wild accusations pulled out of your ass and asking me to prove you wrong? Are you conceding that the Ferguson study was a joke and thus trying to change the subject or is this just another bizarre trip you're taking us on? I would have said bizarre tangent but this isn't even remotely tangential to the discussion.

how about you prove that it is? or are you just making more wild accusations pulled out of your ass and asking me to prove you wrong? Are you conceding that the Ferguson study was a joke and thus trying to change the subject or is this just another bizarre trip you're taking us on? I would have said bizarre tangent but this isn't even remotely tangential to the discussion.

Make it easier to vote. Nothing wrong with that. EVER!!!

Lol I knew your dumb ass would fall for it and get pissed off like you always do because you know that germandering and voter suppression in any form should be called out for what it is. Yet again you turn a blind eye to what the GOP in these states are doing.

Spending money on a fight that the majority of people want is just plain stupid . Nice Job Donny T. Hopefully the states will win . It's just a nobrainer to legalize it and tax the piss out if it.

I would suspect the majority, on recreational weed, are against it. I rather see all states grant it for medical purposes but none for recreational.

Make it easier to vote. Nothing wrong with that. EVER!!!

Lol I knew your dumb ass would fall for it and get pissed off like you always do because you know that germandering and voter suppression in any form should be called out for what it is. Yet again you turn a blind eye to what the GOP in these states are doing.

LOL. you think I'm pissed because I called out yet another one of your lunatic rants? And what exactly about that post makes me sound angry? I asked you a couple questions. Either you can't focus long enough to answer them or you simply can't answer them and are deflecting by calling me "angry". you're a special kind of idiot bob.

I'm not turning a blind eye to anything, just try for once to stay on point.

Last edited:
"Prove that we do."

Countless articles and links given about why it has a massive benefit to people. Increased tax money for states, assistance to people who have chronic injuries, etc...

Move along boss. Stick to the 1980s and the fear-mongering about how horrible weed is.

And if you are curious, I've never smoked a joint a day in my life. I wouldn't even know how to do it. But the benefits it has had for people in pain compared to giving them painkillers is quite obvious.

Back