Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Jeff Sessions coming War on Marijuana

I can't sign the legalization of recreational marijuana.

Well obviously you can't. But lawmakers who have any form of forward-thinking and aren't bought and paid for by the big pharmacy industry can.

Well obviously you can't. But lawmakers who have any form of forward-thinking and aren't bought and paid for by the big pharmacy industry can.

It's "forward-thinking" to legalize recreational use of marijuana? To what degree?

It's "forward-thinking" to legalize recreational use of marijuana? To what degree?

Because the 'war on drugs' is a colossal failure, incredible waste of money and a red herring. With respect to other drugs, that's not the case but the number of (minority) people incarcerated for mere possession of MJ is a huge percentage of those jailed and has contributed to prison overcrowding. By legalizing, you remove the hypocritical double standard applied to MJ but not alcohol and recognize the scientific facts that show recreational use of MJ is in fact no different than legally consuming alcohol, responsibly.

I wasn't thinking of it but yeah, now that you mention it, I remember he used to bitch about not wanting to get a contact buzz from the smell of weed.

that dude was a raving lunatic about the topic ...went on about second hand smoke billowing everywhere and his wife's asthma. idiot

the "War on Drugs" should more properly be classified as "The War on Some of the Classes of People Who Use Drugs"... rich white people who snort coke never see the prison sentences -if at all - that black people who smoke a joint do.

as we now have decades of statistics to back all this up, it's obvious logic and reason don't play a role in the policy making.

LOL. you think I'm pissed because I called out yet another one of your lunatic rants? And what exactly about that post makes me sound angry? I asked you a couple questions. Either you can't focus long enough to answer them or you simply can't answer them and are deflecting by calling me "angry". you're a special kind of idiot bob.

I'm not turning a blind eye to anything, just try for once to stay on point.

We are talking about two things Hack so keep up. Lol
Sessions stopped the doj in Texas to make it harder for people to vote.
Session wants to crack down on marijuana. I will make it plain for you so you can catch up.

I want to make it easier for all Americans to vote .
I want legalization of weed.

Last edited:
the "War on Drugs" should more properly be classified as "The War on Some of the Classes of People Who Use Drugs"... rich white people who snort coke never see the prison sentences -if at all - that black people who smoke a joint do.

as we now have decades of statistics to back all this up, it's obvious logic and reason don't play a role in the policy making.

Have to keep those for profit prisons filled !!!

Because the 'war on drugs' is a colossal failure, incredible waste of money and a red herring. With respect to other drugs, that's not the case but the number of (minority) people incarcerated for mere possession of MJ is a huge percentage of those jailed and has contributed to prison overcrowding. By legalizing, you remove the hypocritical double standard applied to MJ but not alcohol and recognize the scientific facts that show recreational use of MJ is in fact no different than legally consuming alcohol, responsibly.

I'll ask again: what is considered as "recreational" use of marijuana? Once a day? Weekly? Whenever one feels like it? I can have a glass of wine and not be intoxicated. Can one smoke a joint and not get high? Can you? Will your son be able to when he's 18? That the efforts to restrict usage and sale are failing in no way diminishes the harmful effects of the drug.

I'll ask again: what is considered as "recreational" use of marijuana? Once a day? Weekly? Whenever one feels like it? I can have a glass of wine and not be intoxicated. Can one smoke a joint and not get high? Can you? Will your son be able to when he's 18? That the efforts to restrict usage and sale are failing in no way diminishes the harmful effects of the drug.

so what? I've honestly never heard the fact that one "gets high from a single joint" be an issue. If you're not driving a car or operating heavy machinery why should anyone care? The high lasts a few hours and then it goes away. You can sleep it off. It's less debilitating than getting drunk or a hangover, but I don't see the police having a legal right to arrest people in their homes for getting too drunk.

honestly the policies around it and the words we use to describe it simply don't make sense.

so what? I've honestly never heard the fact that one "gets high from a single joint" be an issue. If you're not driving a car or operating heavy machinery why should anyone care? The high lasts a few hours and then it goes away. You can sleep it off. It's less debilitating than getting drunk or a hangover, but I don't see the police having a legal right to arrest people in their homes for getting too drunk.

honestly the policies around it and the words we use to describe it simply don't make sense.

How long should an airline pilot refrain from duty after "getting high?" A police officer? Someone who drives a semi-trailer? A kindergarten teacher? A lawyer defending a murder suspect? Will drug-testing for marijuana then be illegal? And addiction is a non-issue now?

And yet we let the Tabacco and Alcohol industry get away with murder every day and they still do. Those two are just as harmful if not more so then marijuana and everyone cries freedom of choice. Legalization of Marijana is a good thing and would open so many Avenues of growth and development, and taxes. Prisons are full now because of the failed war on drugs which was failure of epic proportions sadly in my opinion. When something does not work try something new!!

Last edited:
How long should an airline pilot refrain from duty after "getting high?" A police officer? Someone who drives a semi-trailer? A kindergarten teacher? A lawyer defending a murder suspect? Will drug-testing for marijuana then be illegal? And addiction is a non-issue now?

How many people right now are drinking and driving right now because alcohol is legal in bars and at home..Addiction is a hollow concept coming from politicians who just want to just lock people up instead of rehabilitating addicts.

we now have ample evidence of what happens when recreational use is legalized in two states (WA & CO) and an entire nation (The Netherlands) and all these Reefer Madness horror stories Republicans keep citing to oppose legalization have not come to pass.

also note they're usually citing these scary stories at the behest of lobbyists for the alcohol and pharmaceutical industries who don't want to see a cheaper & safer way to self medicate) have not come to pass.

I don't know, but the fact that safe operating guidelines may or may not have been defined yet by some medical standard seems a silly reason to keep pursuing these draconian and destructive criminal policies.

How many people right now are drinking and driving right now because alcohol is legal in bars and at home..Addiction is a hollow concept coming from politicians who just want to just lock people up instead of rehabilitating addicts.

What does the abuse of alcohol have to do with this? And I am strictly discussing the status of the drug: the legal consequences of using it is is a separate discussion.

I don't know, but the fact that safe operating guidelines may or may not have been defined yet by some medical standard seems a silly reason to keep pursuing these draconian and destructive criminal policies.

The criminal policies are another subject altogether.

How long should an airline pilot refrain from duty after "getting high?" A police officer? Someone who drives a semi-trailer? A kindergarten teacher? A lawyer defending a murder suspect?

Hard to say really because it depends on the person. Many, many moons ago (I haven't smoked pot in over ten years) I would smoke right before big exams to ease anxiety. Did pretty well for myself. However, I had friends at that time that wouldn't even be able to find their shoes, let alone do critical thinking. Much like alcohol, people have different tolerances. This would be the biggest challenge to recreational marijuana legalization as there is (to my knowledge) no test for marijuana that is similar to a breathalyzer.

Will drug-testing for marijuana then be illegal?

I touched on this above. They'd really need to come up with a test of some sort that differentiates when someone smoked 6 hours ago or 6 days ago. I don't think such a test exists yet, but I imagine it's doable. Because it's similar to alcohol in that it inhibits cognitive ability, I think testing will always be legal in some form.

And addiction is a non-issue now?

Addiction is a bullshit reason for being against anything. People can get addicted to anything. Cigarettes, alcohol, opiates...I can get any of these legally any time I want. People with addictive, destructive tendencies will ruin their life whether you make it legal for them to do so or not.

^^^Some addictions are easier to acquire and harder to kick^^^. I do not know enough about Marijuana to comment.

url=http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-medical-pot-20141216-story.html]Quietly, no kidding?[/url]

I didn't even know this is the current status on the Federal Government's position - by virtue, literally, of an Act of Congress - until I did a little research following up on the below from TigerMud's link in post #35:

[/i]Congress also passed a law barring the Justice Department from going after medical marijuana operators.

Wikipedia gives a more expansive report of the current status than any single on line article.

Back