Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

PSU game

They gave up 44 in the first half and scoring just 31 against a team like PSU is still a huge problem. This team has no reliable offense.

I think a lot of that has to do with the half court offense. My middle school team ran a better offense than MSU. This team is good when they can run and create plays when the defense isn't set. Put them in a half court game and it's going to be ugly. We'll score 40 points against Wisconsin this year. That game is going to awful to watch.

Last edited:
I think a lot of that has to do with the half court offense. My middle school team ran a better offense than MSU. This team is good when they can run and create plays when the defense isn't set. Put them in a half court game and it's going to be ugly. We'll score 40 points against Wisconsin this year. That game is going to awful to watch.

It was so tough to watch that offense in person, Penn State defended well but I put more blame on the offensive sets that were being run. It was the same play every single time up the floor. Guys were literally standing around for 20 seconds. I've said from the beginning of the season any team that slows us down and mucks it up into a half court game has good odds of beating us.

I agree and I would take a step further and say it's almost entirely due to the half court offense. Right now, it's just the PG dribbling out the clock while at least 3 guys stand around the perimeter and watch, until they realize they're about to get another shot clock violation. I'm actually more concerned about how we're going to look against Illinois - at least Wisconsin has a good team that plays solid defense - many of our worst games in the last 5 or 6 years have been against illinois. We've lost to them 59-54, 53-46 and 42-41 and beaten them 60-53 in the last 5 years. We did beat them pretty soundly 3 times over that stretch but those other 4 have to be among the 5 or 10 worst games since 2012. We've looked pretty bad in some games against Wisconsin, but Wisconsin usually puts a solid team on the floor - not so with Illinois.

Last edited:
Back