Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Lions Off Season Thread

mhughes0021

Draft Position - 21
Cap space 30 mil

Positives -
Decker Dude played much better than i thought for a rookie LT. Definitely something to build around moving forward. I also thought Glasgow played well....hopefully swanson comes back one of these years and glasgow can slide back to LG.

Slay

Healthy Ansah i think we saw what Ansah could be last night vs SEA. Just played less than 100% all year.

Riddick I dont think its a coincidence that our offense went to complete shit once he got injured. Hes a big part of our pass game

Draft Needs

Offense - RT, WR
Decision time for Reiff. Is Boldin retiring? Need some young, talented blood in that receiving corps.

Defense - DE, DT, LB, CB, S
Need help at every level. Taylor regressed, need a DT that can create pressure up the middle next to RObinson moving forward. Whitehead just couldnt hack it when he was the only decent LB left to play. Levy...just cant count on him and hes a shell of the playmaker that made all that money. Need a starting CB next to Slay so you can put Lawson in the Dime/Nickel. Starting calibur SS next to Quin.

Projected Draft Prospects -
Jabrill Peppers S
Adoree Jackson CB/KR
Corey Davis WR
Solomon Thomas DE
Caleb Brantley DT
Jalen Tabor CB
Zach Cunningham LB

The nice thing about having a lot of needs is we should have plenty of talented prospects to chose from that fit a need. Eventhough we had several offensive struggles, especially late, you need to hope that a healthy Abdullah, stafford and riddick can spark a rejunivated offensive attack. I think this draft needs to focus on defense wherever possible unless a cant miss offensive prospect falls into our laps and we cant pass up the value. Perfect example would be if Jake Butt falls to the 3rd round due to his ACL. If Boldin retires we might have a glaring hole at WR...he was definitely a pair of consistent hands on 3rd down once Marvin Jones turned to shit. Tate just dissappears completely some games...i dont understand it.

Free Agents
Anquan Boldin WR 36 DET TBD $2,750,000 UFA -
Riley Reiff LT 28 DET TBD $1,998,425 UFA -
Stefan Charles DT 28 DET TBD $1,750,000 UFA -
Tyrunn Walker DT 26 DET TBD $1,600,000 UFA -
Rafael Bush FS 29 DET TBD $1,500,000 UFA -
Dan Orlovsky QB 33 DET TBD $1,065,000 UFA -
Don Muhlbach LS 35 DET TBD $1,065,000 UFA -
Jon Bostic ILB 25 DET TBD $985,200 UFA -
Clay Harbor TE 29 DET TBD $885,000 UFA -
Matthew Mulligan TE 31 DET TBD $885,000 UFA -
Tim Wright TE 26 DET TBD $815,000 UFA -
Larry Warford G 25 DET TBD $768,750 UFA -
Andre Roberts WR 28 DET TBD $760,000 UFA -
Josh Bynes OLB 27 DET TBD $760,000 UFA -
Joique Bell RB 30 DET TBD $760,000 UFA -
Asa Jackson CB 27 DET TBD $760,000 UFA -
Crezdon Butler CB 29 DET TBD $760,000 UFA -
Devin Taylor DE 27 DET TBD $615,146 UFA -
Armonty Bryant OLB 26 DET TBD $555,150 UFA -
Garrett Reynolds G 29 DET TBD - UFA

Last edited:
If he doesn't retire we have a glaring hole at WR.

but much less of a "need" if he stays. You have Jones, Boldin, Tate, Ebron and Riddick to catch passes. You draft a WR and your paying someone a hell of a lot to ride the pine. Trust me....with all this young WR talent in the league it pains me to look at our guys...id love to replace all of them honestly lol. Just not enough picks in 1 draft....

If I was to rank our needs

1 CB
2 LB
3 DE
4 RT
5 DT
6 WR
7 LB
8 S
9 RB

Whether we attack these with the draft or free agency, I don't care. Just fill those with quality.

but much less of a "need" if he stays. You have Jones, Boldin, Tate, Ebron and Riddick to catch passes. You draft a WR and your paying someone a hell of a lot to ride the pine. Trust me....with all this young WR talent in the league it pains me to look at our guys...id love to replace all of them honestly lol. Just not enough picks in 1 draft....

Jones, the big play receiver who after some early games was not good. The rest of the team is just slot guys. Granted the OC, and his short passes.. But we need someone else. Added problem is one of our WR is a TE who can't block so he's one dimensional.

Last edited:
Top 30 FA list:

1. Kirk Cousins QB WAS 29 Franchise
2. Chandler Jones 3-4 OLB ARI 27
3. Le’Veon Bell RB PIT 25
4. Eric Berry S KC 28 Franchise
5. A.J. Bouye CB HOU 26
6. Alshon Jeffery WR CHI 27 Franchise
7. Melvin Ingram 3-4 OLB SD 28
8. Kawann Short DT CAR 28
9. Don’t’a Hightower 4-3 OLB NE 28
10. Tony Jefferson S ARI 25
11. Kevin Zeitler G CIN 27
12. Calais Campbell 3-4 DE ARI 30
13. Jamie Collins 3-4 OLB CLE 27
14. Jason Pierre-Paul 4-3 DE NYG 28 Franchise
15. T.J. Lang G GB 29
16. Andrew Whitworth OT CIN 35
17. Martellus Bennett TE NE 30
18. Nick Perry 3-4 OLB GB 27
19. Trumaine Johnson CB LAR 27 Franchise
20. Mario Addison 4-3 DE CAR 29
21. Logan Ryan CB NE 26
22. Larry Warford G DET 26
23. Dontari Poe DT KC 27
24. DeSean Jackson WR WAS 30
25. Terrelle Pryor WR CLE 28
26. Morris Claiborne CB DAL 27
27. Ricky Wagner OT BAL 27
28. Charles Johnson 4-3 DE CAR 31
29. Ronald Leary G DAL 28
30. Pierre Garcon WR WAS 31

Matt only has next year under contract so I suspect they will make him the first option.

Matt extension lowers his cap hit. Ziggy extension is needed.

De or dt in round 1. Taylor is gone but bring hyder back

Bouye or trumiane Johnson

And short

Doubt any hit the market

JPp intriguing

Last edited:
be nice to fill some holes from that list. Love to see guys like AJ Bouye and maybe an old man discount for a Charles Johnson.

Lang, Zeitler and Leary if you don't like warford

Back