Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Lions Off Season Thread

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2017/1/7/14201750/2017-nfl-draft-order-raiders-wild-card-round

For the Detroit Lions, a 26-6 loss to the Seattle Seahawks means an even longer drought is extended. The last postseason victory for Detroit came 25 years ago, but the Lions will have to add more pieces in hopes of finding another.

The Lions’ spot at No. 21 is locked in, though.

Dolphins game won't matter the dolphins won 10 games this year, that's right the freaking nadumbikin suh dolphins had a better year than the sad sacs of lions.

Last edited:
They need to get 3 or 4 starters on defense, through some combination of draft and FA. LBer and D-Line would be my biggest need. I think our CB have some promise, but we need an OLB who can cover a TE, and we need a MLB who is capable of holding gap integrity. If we can improve up front, our secondary will look much better IMO

They need to get 3 or 4 starters on defense, through some combination of draft and FA. LBer and D-Line would be my biggest need. I think our CB have some promise, but we need an OLB who can cover a TE, and we need a MLB who is capable of holding gap integrity. If we can improve up front, our secondary will look much better IMO

Gap integrity is whiteheads problem for sure. And levy can't cover after the injuries

Gap integrity is whiteheads problem for sure. And levy can't cover after the injuries

Lb is a positon we've completely ignored forever. ...and then we wonder why were in this situation. Quin has to put a big focus on that this offseason. I don't usually like the value of grabbing a lb early in the draft but the need is so big i think he has to.

Quinn resigned whitehead. That is on him. Whiteheqd did play well in 2014 and 2015 though. Typical. They got fooled by levy injury. Sucks but happens. They had plans for van noy but he got shown the door..williams in round 5. Bynes resigned and played well 2015 and mid year this year then fell apart at end.

Levy, whitehead and williams under contract. They probably add one somewhere

Lions 21st pick. Have normal.rounds 1-5
Lions have two sixths. Extra is from van noy trade

Lions lost their 7th from van noy trade but have pats 7th for mike williams trade

8 picks

Last edited:
Quinn resigned whitehead. That is on him. Whiteheqd did play well in 2014 and 2015 though. Typical. They got fooled by levy injury. Sucks but happens. They had plans for van noy but he got shown the door..williams in round 5. Bynes resigned and played well 2015 and mid year this year then fell apart at end.

Levy, whitehead and williams under contract. They probably add one somewhere

I'm not as down on Whitehead as some. He is a top notch athlete and still learning how to channel that properly as a LB in the NFL. Levy is a joke since he found Mountain Dew xtreme Red, and Bynes is scrap heap tier. Add a top level DL, CB, or LB at 21 and I'll be ecstatic.

I'm not as down on Whitehead as some. He is a top notch athlete and still learning how to channel that properly as a LB in the NFL. Levy is a joke since he found Mountain Dew xtreme Red, and Bynes is scrap heap tier. Add a top level DL, CB, or LB at 21 and I'll be ecstatic.

Agreed. He just simply not suited to do what he was asked to do this year. If he's the weak side coverage lb...fine. putting him in the middle to take on blockers and fill the a/b gap. ..no.

Someone who forces turnovers

Guys are learning.. With the history here no wonder they want to leave.

This always makes me happy..

"Quarterback Matthew Stafford said he has not opened talks on a new contract with the Detroit Lions, and he declined to say whether he hopes to sign an extension this off-season.

"I’m not going to deal with hypotheticals, man," Stafford said as the Lions cleaned out their lockers today. "If they come to me, they come to me. If they don’t, they don’t. I’ll talk to you guys about it then."

Can't blame em, maybe what the Lions need to do is find guys that actually want to be here. Maybe they'll rise to the occasion more that way. Draft guys from cold climate areas close to home. they'll be less likely to want the hell out after their rookie contracts are up.

Maybe he'll talk to his agent and say look man, I've done my time here. My career is at the prime and I maybe have 5 very good years left. I want to win.

Back